Fly Tying
Sur3-Shot

Hunting and gathering

Carefully read your state hunting laws and make sure you abide by them. In some states (Like Pennsylvania, where we still live in the 1600's) air rifles are illegal to shoot game with, even squirrels and rabbits. I've got a couple rifles just like yours, and they are indeed powerful magnum spring piston guns. Before trying to shoot any game I would suggest getting VERY good at shooting the rifle--- spring piston air guns DO NOT shoot like firearms, and different techniques usually are needed to shoot them accurately, and you might need to weed through many different types of pelllets to find one that shoots accurately enough to hunt with. You owe it to the animals to make every shot count. Do a web search on the "Artillery Hold" method of shooting spring piston air guns. Also check out the "Airgun University" pages on PyramydAir.com. Above all, be SAFE and don't treat your air rifle as a toy.

I have hunted for 10 years im a real good shot. I will never let an animal suffer

Song birds are to helpful to shoot im probly going for squirls and rabbits. Plus i shoot starlings at 50yards for fun

You guys are twisted if you kill animals just for the feathers/fur that is readily available. If you eat the meat, that is another story. Shooting starlings for fun? What the **** is wrong with you?

Edited by SmallieHunter
Please refrain from offensive language. Can certainly understand your point of view but please convey that point without the language in the future. Thanks.

I work at a Police dept at the beach so occassionly we get dead Pelicans, I had the opportunity one time and my wife wouldn't let me bring him home

Didn't know that was one of the Pelicans natural predators. I think I will ring PETA and set them to work removing Police stations. Starts with Pelicans and then its dolphins, then turtles...... who knows where it stops.

You guys are twisted if you kill animals just for the feathers/fur that is readily available. If you eat the meat, that is another story. Shooting starlings for fun? What the fuck is wrong with you?
In a lot of places across the western world, squirrels, moles, mice, rabbits, etc are all treated as vermin so in many cases they are going to be killed anyway. Might as well use a pelt than waste it. I wouldn't shoot a pony just for the hair though, id always eat that.

Also where do you think the hackles come from that you tie with? The chickens are not bred for meat so they don't go into a food chain. Just for feathers I'm afraid.

Also where do you think the hackles come from that you tie with? The chickens are not bred for meat so they don't go into a food chain. Just for feathers I'm afraid.

Actually, in most states, the state health department will not allow you to sell the meat of skinned chickens for human consumption. Too much risk of contamination. (I was trying to get some feathers from a local organic chicken producer.) The same holds true for all other farm birds. It seems a waste, but public health takes precedence.

Okay I can see that he is upset that an animal dies but man does he really have to sling the "F" word around on this forum like that? Boorish to say the least. I am sure that you are intelligent enough to get your point across without using inappropriate language like that on this forum.

I completely agree with Nate!!! This is a decent site and there is decent people on here that don't appreciate seeing that sort of language used. A lot of us on here has throwed a word or two out there, but not that one. Im no saint and I can have a bad mouth occasionally but not on a public forum and not just because something upset my opinion.

You guys are twisted if you kill animals just for the feathers/fur that is readily available. If you eat the meat, that is another story. Shooting starlings for fun? What the fuck is wrong with you?
In a lot of places across the western world, squirrels, moles, mice, rabbits, etc are all treated as vermin so in many cases they are going to be killed anyway. Might as well use a pelt than waste it. I wouldn't shoot a pony just for the hair though, id always eat that.

thanks piker ur awsome

You guys are twisted if you kill animals just for the feathers/fur that is readily available. If you eat the meat, that is another story. Shooting starlings for fun? What the **** is wrong with you?

WoodRiverTroutBum: Get a clue.

If you use any natural materials in your flies, or even if you buy flies, YOU are responsible for KILLING animals "just" for their feathers and fur.

Time to take up a new hobby, or move away from your fantasy world.