Fly Tying
Jimboha!

Stillwater Blob Flies Swap!

I've been wanting a sinking line anyway. I think this swap will sway the budget that way.

Ben, if you don't want to go all out on a new reel or spool and a full sinking line, just check out the sinking leaders. You can get them in different sink rates and all of them I've seen have a loop on the end making swaps quick and painless. It will pull the floating line under easily, but the only concern is that with only the tip sinking, your line isn't level underwater, and more of an "S" shape. Doesn't seem to bother me, I don't fish it more than 10 feet deep most of the time. I think its more of an issue deeper than that. I got one because there were a couple pools on the river that I could never get down as fast as I wanted with weighted flies or split shot. Heck of a lot cheaper than a whole new kit.

I received one of mine back too. Good set of flies though. Just need time off work now to use them.

Hold it, are you guys (gals?) saying that you got some of your own ties back? If so, then I shall have to surrender my SM badge...

Jimboha!

Its kinda nice having a full set... although I didn't check to see if maybe I didn't get someones but got mine back instead? it doesn't really matter. I think the SM survives that one.

I havent even been fishing since i got them back, our trout season around here is from November till March; after that you have to dodge water moccasins and toobers

I was fishing a pool by an old bridge footing this past weekend and threw the foam arsed blob on for the heck of it. I really liked the action in the water, but only got to swing it for about 5 minutes before my girlfriend hooked a big brown in the next pool down and I was called into landing net duty. Pretty cool how it rides though, I liked it.