Fly Tying
picketpin

what is your favorite fly

Hey guys what is your favorite fly? mine is a picketpin it doesent look like any thing but it sure works fine .You can thy any size . you can tie as dry wet or streamer with a small modification of hook size and feather style. this fly i fish for perch to salmon . this is one fly i use all the time for walleye . thght lines MIKE

Well, my favorite fly to fish is of course a pink bunny leech. I've caught just about everythng in the rivers I fish on this fly except sturgeon. Including multiple species in one day.

Trout: parchute hare's ear or black foam beetle

Smallmouth: black bugger

Steelhead: simple beadhead

Shad: Orange Calftail Streamer

Stripers: Clouser

A

My favorite is whatever they are attacking with a vengance on the end of my tippet at the time.......

My GO TO is the good ol' Olive Wooly Bugger/Worm....

For trout my favorite fly is a size 12 gold bead prince nymph. I tie it a little different than the original recipe , but it's still pretty much the same. If I could only choose one fly, not that I'd want to, it would be #12 prince nymph.

QUOTE (pennscreekrules @ Jan 12 2005, 03:33 PM)
For trout my favorite fly is a size 12 gold bead prince nymph. I tie it a little different than the original recipe , but it's still pretty much the same. If I could only choose one fly, not that I'd want to, it would be #12 prince nymph.

tell us how you do it.

por favor?

QUOTE (Steelheader69 @ Jan 12 2005, 02:09 PM)
Well, my favorite fly to fish is of course a pink bunny leech.

NOooooo really Jerry, i never would have guessed tongue.gif wink.gif

Mine would have to be a Adams for a dry as it imitates everything yet nothing and then a beadhead pheasant tail for a nymph. I feel i can fish anywhere on any river with those two flies.

QUOTE (Sean Juan @ Jan 12 2005, 02:14 PM)
Buffy the Striper Slayer

You'd better re-learn how to tie some of that freshwater stuff, Binkie, living on the sand spit like you do now- can't pass up all that decent pond water you have down there!

I had a Buffy screensaver - four different colored styles- lost it somehow one day dry.gif

Well if I Had To! It would be an original Crackleback. Fish it dry, pull it under and strip it, weight it and send it to the gravel.

For trout I don't have a favorite, I match what's in the water.

Here in the Florida salt, nothing beats a chartreuse and white clouser.