Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Chefben4

Pike/Musky Fly-No Name Yet

Here is a link for a new step by step on my blog I developed for Pike/Musky. Hopefully its easy enough to follow. If not, dont be shy ask away. Its a 7" fly tied on a 5/0 Mustad 34007.

http://wishinyouwerefishin.blogspot.com/2013/03/about-time-for-another-sbs.html

SAM_1254_zpsa6e7fc74.jpg

SAM_1253_zps9b7e6c00.jpg

Really nice fly , That will works well without any doubt. The tree first models with feathers sould be call parrot 's pike fly. The last one could be call '' black cat ''

what is the material use to form the head of the fly and how do you shape this head???

If you look at the step by step on my blog it shows how its done. The reverse bucktail body creates a great "backer" to begin building the head. I use several different materials depending on what I have and in what color.

The top 3 flies are sculpin wool and laser dub heads. With the wool I cut a 1.5" piece then pulled apart many times until it is broken up, then tied on around the shank and reversed up. After that I rolled pieces of laser dub, tied around the shank, reversed up, then brushed out.

The bottom fly is the one the SBS is based on. Instead of sculpin wool I used arctic fox.

Those things are going to push a load of water and make a commotion the predators yearn for, nothing like the black and purple combination, some reason purple always fishes well for me! Sweet flies!

The profile is quite similar to a wedding veil now that I look at it.

A cool thing about this fly is that on sinking line it sinks (obviously) but when you aren't stripping it slowly will float up. Very sweet action

I´m a Pike fly fisherman. I like your patterns. Congratulatións.

Thanks David!

I just had make some fly that look alike yours . I will try them soon . I tye them in yellow and orange and some others in red and white . thank for your tips