Fly Tying
C LeBo

April Flies From The Vice!

Nothing but great patterns thus far this month. Here's the Chili Pepper I tied; a version of the fly was originated by Tony Spezio, and I even compare the one I tied with one of his in the video.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Bugsy" data-cid="547915" data-time="1365977785"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="sunsignarcher" data-cid="547721" data-time="1365830783"><p>1st night tying the elk hair caddis<br />

<br />

My first dry!</p></blockquote>

Well tied with great proportions. Nice, neat wing mount, and the wing's low angle and 180 degree coverage give it the ideal profile.</p></blockquote>

Thank you bugsy.

I found tying instructions for something called a whiskey marabou. Decided to change it a little. Instead of silver tinsel body, with orange floss rib. I used a rust coloured dubbing, and ribbed with gold tinsel. It's also got lead wire weighting too.

Whiskeymarabouvariant_zpsabe34eab.jpg

Did some before work tying. And knocked out a load of Peter Ross variants. I call them variants because I used a claret seals fur that had flash in, instead of scarlet

PeterRossvariant_zps6f597c20.jpg

Another variation on the Peter Ross. Body woven from red and silver wire.

WovenFlies_0004_zps1054e362.jpg

Cheers,

C.

That is beautiful Crackaig! Certainly puts mine to shame lol :)

I've also, just tied up a bunch of hackle tail Black Zulus.

Zulu_zps62925139.jpg

Invicta & Blae and Black

VariousFlies_0002_zps37d3939e.jpg

Quite a productive weekend - even managed to get a few done for my box.

Cheers,

C.

Damn sexy flies. I'd fish those as a team all day long next month with the Blae on the dropper.

It is hard to beat an Invicta in any color caddis hatch here. I've watched guys fish Elk Hairs to refusal after refusal while I cleaned up swinging an Invicta and Invicta Silver. In fast moving hatches, a super slow swing can be unbelievably effective.