Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
ditz2

rough fish

Since it appears that two of the forum topics are being eliminated in the 'Specific topic' section, would it be possible to add a topic on Rough Fish. Carp, suckers, gar, bowfin, catfish etc.? Many of the forum members seem to be offended at any discussion of the 'rough fish' and this way they would be isolated from the other more acceptable breeds. hehehe

As for me I fish for what ever wants to bite. I have spent many days fishing for big suckers and carp. We also have fallfish back home that fight well and are fun to catch. Its all fishing for me.

Kevin

I think it's a fine idea as long as the subscribers agree to wear paper bags over their heads, strip naked, form a circle, and whip each other with rolled-up newspapers. (which most of the above posters already do anyway) That's a lot less humiliating than being seen drifting toilet paper imitations to schools of migrating suckers. Of course, one benefit would be that it would put all the forum undesirables in one place so they could be identified, listed, and closely watched. Heck, we could even distribute merit awards to those who achieve the Trash Grand Slam of a carp, a sucker, and a used condom. Ditz, you're my hero. Keep those ideas coming.

Well I have documented evidence of a carp and a condom on my hook but I failed to land the condom. Knew a sucker but she wasn't keen on documented evidence and since the wedding that species seems to have been removed from my local waters.

Hahaha this is a great thread. I think a sub-forum wouldn't be a bad idea! Ive heard Carp and Suckers called all sorts of things but they (especially Carp) will truly put your angling to the test. Ive been on a role with white and redhorse suckers lately while chasing steelhead. Some in the 6-8lb range that put a good bend in the rod!