Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club For July

The theme for July is "Peacock Herl." Any pattern you want as long as one of the ingredients is Peacock Herl.

1. Breambuster - Swapmeister -

2. Jolly Red - Received

3. Dreamcaster - Received

4. Famill00 - Received

5. Homer35805 - Received

6. Riffleriversteelheadslayer - Received

7. Fshrmanms - Received

8. BassMouth - Received

9. Gravy Train - Received

10. Ratzn - Received

11. Crackleback - Received

12. Bassbugn -

I'm tying a streamer pattern called Royo this pattern wont catch loads of bluegill but it will catch the big ones last summer I was fishing my favorite bluegill lake and was watching the large bulls rushing the shoreline slamming schoals of minnows I dug through my fly box and this was the only streamer I had that was close enough to the color although it was a bit bigger then the minnows well since that day I have them in my gill box it resulted in 10 fish over 11 inches with 2 being over a pound and a half and one was exactly 13 inches long all caught in 4 hours of fishing and all were caught in less then a foot of water

The recipe is

size 10 streamer hook

tail white marabou

body white coarse dubbing ( I use the stuffing from a pillow)

weight 5 turns of lead or leadfree wire

wing white craft fur

overwing 3 strips of peacock herl

hackle is black saddle hackle

head is glossy black

Thinking of doing something for fairly deep bluegill fishing.

Something like a brim jig with the herl body of course.

I have been out of town for a week, and when I returned, there were flies from Bass Mouth, Jolly Red and Dreamcaster. I already had flies from Radtz and Famil00. I have brought the first post of this thread up to date.

Thanks guys, for ALL the extras!

BB

Glad to hear they arrived ok, cannot wait to see what everyone has been tying over the last few months:thumbup:

Riff. You think you're late? You're not the only one that is late! I've been out of town for a week, but I'm beginning to get started on these. I've been working on Poppers for your swap club and they ALWAYS slow me down! I put them in the mail on Friday from a different location. See if you can read the Postmark.

Also, I received the June set from your swap club sometime this past week, but I didn't see them until today. Thanks.

BB

RUN!!! For the RAID insect spray. We've been invaded by beetles. We received some really sweet beetles today from Homer. You guys are going to love this one. Thanks, Homer, for the Beetles and for the Extras!

Take care

BB

Fshrman has had a death in the family and will be a little late getting his flies to us. Guys, please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Also, I'm tying a pattern this month called "Crystal Prince." It's a variation of the Prince Nymph pattern. Looks pretty good. I've never fished it, though, and would like to get reports from some of you when you get a chance to fish it. It would be interesting to see how it performs in different locations.

Take care

BB