Fly Tying
Horseshoes

Classic Freshwater Streamers

Those are cool flies!!!! I think the heads look great!! Better than I could do. I think, instead of hiding them in a file cabinet, you should frame 'em and display them in your living room, tying room, etc. They will make great wall art. Great job!!! I love lookin at flies like that but I have a hard enough time keeping my fishing fly boxes full, let alone time for recreational tying. You're the man!

Well done H.S.! Remember to post questions and such at the Atlantic Tying Forum too. Those guys really helped me on locating some stuff I wanted....

Murray

I have created a new deign.

It is designed for our local waters. I hope you enjoy.

post-15490-0-94068700-1379597125_thumb.jpg

I also corrected the custom canary.

post-15490-0-83150100-1379597155_thumb.jpg

Here is my next design "The Brookie" I am trying to design minnows. I have realized I need way more experience in tying streamers before I can go any further with Carries Stevens. So I will share my designs as I practice. I will continue to add to this thread. I hope you like them.

post-15490-0-45154500-1379597207_thumb.jpg

Ditto! Loving that brookie, very nice work.

Thanks you guys. As L'ilDave would say I had my mojo for the Brookie, but to be fair to the Mack, if you want to test your rod, catch a mackerel on your fly. Lol

Check out Don Bastian's blog, and the Streamers365.com sites - great ideas, and lessons.

One little trick I learned fairly recently, was to tie the floss/ribbing in using white thread. Whip off the thread, then tie in the head's accent color - say red if your doing a C. Stevens fly. Tie in your wing/throat etc, now start black thread just ahead of the wing materials and do a 5-6X whip finish, now trim, leave a gap in the head and do another 5-6 turn whip finish from the hook eye back. then use multiple coats of hard as nails or a UV resin for the head. That strategy gives the floss body it's best color and creates the brightest accent band on the head.

I LOVE your ties. Something about seeing a little krystal flash on that one feather wing you created. it blends the old and new so nicely. It's understated... but there. Very cool!

Keep posting pics!

Nice flies Horseshoes!

Thanks I am really enjoying picking out the blends and trying to match likeness etc. Every fly shows me where I need to improve.

WillK, thanks for the time and effort given to my ties. I will check out those sites and give an earnest effort to your suggestions.