Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

WOLVERINES!!!!!

My Niece asked me if I thought I could build a T-Shirt Cannon to launch T-shirts at my Nephews graduation this weekend. Well I figure if you're gonna take the time to build something, I might as well make it look cool. Trip to the hardware store for PVC tubing, adapters, lawn sprinkler solenoid, handle from a spot light and some various other scrounged up parts from my odds & ends drawer equals .....One T-Shirt cannon a'la Red Dawn RPG ready to go....WOLVERINES!!~

I wired it up with a 9v battery that triggers the solenoid to fire it via the push button switch on the handle. So far I have fired it at 40psi and it rocketed a shirt across my shop and slammed into the wall, not to mention the sound of the thing making your ears ring when you fire it lol.

zydj.jpg

2e8t.jpg

50zv.jpg

This is a definitely an instance when pictures are not enough, we need VIDEO!!!

Steve, what don't you have in that shop of yours, it sounds like you've got everything and the kitchen sink and then some.

Blane

I'll keep my eyes on the news for the breaking story

" Michigan sheriff Catchum Atit was praised today for foiling the latest terror plot involving what bystanders described as a large missile launcher. FBI are still looking for a large man spotted driving a repo truck and a smaller man wearing a beard. Agent Doug Toodeep said he thought the beard may be a disguise and the public should be on the outlook for 2 fishy looking men. He also says the FBI have a large stock of tShirts and tennis balls for sale in the back of his sedan."

I'll keep my eyes on the news for the breaking story

" Michigan sheriff Catchum Atit was praised today for foiling the latest terror plot involving what bystanders described as a large missile launcher. FBI are still looking for a large man spotted driving a repo truck and a smaller man wearing a beard. Agent Doug Toodeep said he thought the beard may be a disguise and the public should be on the outlook for 2 fishy looking men. He also says the FBI have a large stock of tShirts and tennis balls for sale in the back of his sedan."

laugh.png I'm 4 inches shorter then Steve and about 20 lbs lighter yet I get described as a large man with a slightly smaller bearded man even the other side of the pond knows how our police departments are

How long till you are ready to take orders on this new surf casting system?

I had a feeling you would change the rod building industry...just didn't see this coming.

Ummm............ I'd let the folks in charge of the graduation know what the plan is, otherwise you might come face to face with some guy with a concealed carry permit.

Other than that, I have to say this is the first time I've seen a custom rod builder branch out into this market. Have fun with it!

Ummm............ I'd let the folks in charge of the graduation know what the plan is, otherwise you might come face to face with some guy with a concealed carry permit.

This is my nephews graduation party myself and my family are giving him with about 50-60 friends & familywink.png

The RPG T-shirt cannon was a big hit. It was easily lunching around 100ft distance with just 40psi behind it. Here's my Nieces boyfriend Austin firing it into a crowd of people today.

wizx.jpg