Fly Tying
Kudu

Hunters Harvest Swap

Kudu I received my flies! They were shipped to the post office not my address, I think I messed up somehow on the return postage. I just checked while sendin off some stuff to piker. Thanks so much everyone. First swap for me and I am thrilled seeing everyone's work. I am so happy I thought they were lost made my day. Thanks again especially kudu.

Great LP, kind of like an unexpected Christmas present when you thought you'd gotten a lump of coal. Took my squirrel pattern from a blog that claimed it was the BIG bluegill killer. Hope you get to use 'em all, lots of nice flies in there and I've got mine sorted and ready to go. Should have been out today but got caught in a babysitting situation to someone I owed big time so couldn't refuse. Our ponds are ready for us tho and today was a rare low wind day, something we don't have a lot of in western OK.

That's exactly what its like. I will be getting these wet and hopefully soon its been windy here in eastern Idaho but it should shape up soon. Getting ready for spring caddis and bwo hatches.

Great LP. Thought I was going to have to get you a care package together. Let me know when you start fishing the snake I want reports. I fished the Teton from the dam to a bridge where there was a takeout. I didn't catch as near as many fish as I did out of the snake but I did catch them all I. A dry or streamer. Beautiful country. I broke off a large bow next to the boat 5lb plus. I plan on coming out again and fishing some more. Do you fish Yellowstone and if so how is it? I'd like to fish some alpine lakes and some private ranches.

Yellowstone is great, but I don't get there much. I would like to go more. My friend does well in the fall. I was actually talking to the guys at the shop here and going to fish the Yellowstone away from the people. I enjoy getting away from the people. I really only fall with the crowds during the stone fly hatch just because its so fun on the south fork and Henry's fork. There are some great lakes around here to hike to both in and out of the park. My plan this year is to go north and fish for bull trout this fall and hike some creeks up to some lakes. Hayden and the bear valley creeks have been high on my list for awhile. Let me know if you come and i will keep you up to date with how I am doing. What time of year did you come last time?

Kudu, do you buy a rod space at those private waters or do you have contacts? Quite a bit of that in the west and for the most part the prices aren't too bad for a day's fishing if the quality is there. A lot of them require a guide with you but not all.

I went with Worldcast Anglers on the recommendation of flytyingfreak on the forum. We fished public waters the southfork and the Teton. It was fabulous. We slayed em.had a blast. Don't think you'll be alone which I am more or less used to these days.

I used a couple of flies from the swap Saturday and both caught fish. I don't remember who tied this one, but it has a massive bead on a jig hook with, what looks like, Red Fox. Thanks again guys.

post-49511-0-26096100-1393244451_thumb.jpg

Tim

I fished my dove/muskrat soft hackle at Taneycomo (SW MO) last weekend and absolutely tore up the trout. They ignored my scuds altogether, which is very unusual...

Kudu let me know if you come this year I could possibly take you out an extra day or maybe just grab some beers at the brewery and I will keep you informed with how things are looking. What time of year did you go?

LP

Sounds great Ill definitely let you know. I was there in June I think in the latter part. The salmon fly hatch was starting on the south fork. My guide hated the salmon fly hatch as he said it made the river too crowded that's why we fished the Teton the second day.I really enjoyed the scenery on the Teton but the fishing was better on the south fork. My guide was an incredible fly fisherman, his knowledge base was astounding, he went to Norway this year as part of the US flyfishing team to compete in the International flyfishing championship. His name is Dan Oas.

I was originally scheduled to fish my second day on the Henrys Fork but I was informed that the fishing there at that time was extremely slow. Anyway, Ill let you know if my schedule will let me get out there for a long weekend. Im headed to Montana in October for a mule deer and wild bird hunt but there are no real fishing opportunities where I am going. It is kind of a high desert area, bunch of sage grass, etc. See what the wife says about me sticking her with the kids for a couple extra days.

I noticed that Victor had a number of small breweries. Looked fantastic. I believe this time Ill just stay in Victor rather than Jackson Hole. I saw some Hotels there. Do you know if they get all booked early in the summer?

Lastly, whats the deal with all the Thai restaurants in that part of Idaho? I like Thai food and all, even ate at a Thai restaurant in Jackson while I was there, but man yall got a lot.

Tim, that's exactly what it is. The bead is a 3/16 tungsten, designed to get down quick in the heavy fast runs. I'm glad you're doing well with it. Nice fish. Jack

That's exactly what I was doing. :) I had already fished the upper part of the water column in this 7-8' run. I looked through the box to find something to probe the depths and came out with your fly. I caught another two in that run before moving on. It was just the ticket.

Tim