Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
ryveradair

fly tiers benchside reference

My bench side reference is my computer. I am one of those people who don't buy paper editions of reference material anymore. Too easy to find more, and more recent, info online. Sorry publishing companies.

the cd-rom is available at amazon for about $40

i dont believe the book is available as an online download

if you know what technique you might want to learn, GOOGLE should be able to find it for you

I just bought the CD version for $32.00. IMHO, this is like the bible of fly tying.

Randy

how about sharing where you bought it? is it a secret? do they have more?

My bench side reference is my computer. I am one of those people who don't buy paper editions of reference material anymore. Too easy to find more, and more recent, info online. Sorry publishing companies.

True enough, however, having owned and used this book for some years now, I would add that there's a lot to be said for having that many techniques all neatly categorized, indexed, and cross-referenced, not to mention beautifully photographed and annotated in one place, especially for beginning or intermediate tiers who know what technique they want to learn, but might not know what it's called, which makes internet searches difficult. There are also many techniques in there that your average beginning or intermediate tier has probably never even heard of.

I use the internet a lot myself, but I'm still glad I have the Benchside Reference. If nothing else, it still works when the power goes out. :)

yes, not knowing what a technique is called sorta makes the computer useless. i'll take the book anytime

This sounds like a bargain for a tour de force publication. There are very few "new" techniques that are not described by Leeson and Schollmeyer in my 1998 hardcover edition. If this CD is the complete work it has to go on the Christmas list

I stumbled onto my hardcover copy as part of a large lot I bought through Craigslist from a guy who had quit tying. My jaw dropped as I began to realize just how much info is included in this one book. It is practically as valuable as all the others put together. Several well photographed and detailed methods for doing just about anything.