Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
FishOn9569

4wt Rod $100-$200

Please throw some suggestions at me. Looking for a 4wt, 8' for a gift to a family member for Christmas. Priced between $100 to $200

2 or 4 piece doesn't really matter. Thanks

If you are close to either a Cabelo's or a Bass Pro Shop ... both have "store" brand rods within your price range. Since I am close to a BPS ... the White River or Dogwood Canyon series are very good, light weight rods, all within the 100 to 200 dollar price range.

I have two Cabela's Rods one was the Stowaway 6 piece, and the second is a 4 piece. Both work fine. I had a Reddington that I liked a lot. All are well within your price range. I would get the 4 to 6 piece rods just in case.

I just bought a rod/reel/line combo from Cabelas for $69.99. I just now checked their website and saw that combo plus two others under $100 --one of them is under $50-- without even having to scroll down.

You might have to shell out some $$ for the faster shipping if you need it by Christmas Day, though.

Echo, TFO, Grey's, Redington all have good rods in that price range as said above Cabelas also has some of their rods in that range as well. you have many options. as for which one I would by I would look at the Redingtons and Grey's both very well built. either the redington CT or the new GX50 series from Greys are really good places to start.

Steve