Fly Tying
vicrider

CDC Swap

Vicrider, I have to chime in and say that I have a few of your flies and I think they are of great quality and they are proudly displayed along with the rest of the flies that I have received in all the swaps that I have joined. I look forward to seeing the next ones also...

Thanx neta, I do know that my flies have definitely gotten better than the early ones I got by with on the swaps. A big part of the reason is there were so many nice flies in every swap. I've also been studying a lot of videos and learning some other techniques and it all helps in the quality of the looks of the fly. I've also learned more about where and when to use a bit of superglue or a dab of cement to help a fly hold up. I had a few I tied early that would get a few 'gills to the boat and fall apart. Had to laugh when I told my wife about a guy complaining his store bought flies fell apart after 15 or 20 fish. If I had a fly that would catch me 15-20 fish in a day I'd happily buy enough last a week or two. Found a really cool fly with CDC but don't know if I'm up to doing the fly yet. Will have to experiment a bit.

DavidR, address on first post. If anyone from the past wanted to hunt me down they wouldn't look on a fly fishing forum.rolleyes.gif laugh.png

I'll also correct your board handle.

Actually, I had yours right but had DavidHE as DavidHR. Got ya' all straight now.

Got it ...thanks, reading a complete post is a wonderful idea. I blame it on something, just can't think of what ...have a good New Years.

I have mine all tied up and ready to go so I will get them in the mail this weekend. Thanks for hosting and I am anxious to see everyone's creations.

Take care,

Tony

Don't want to jack your thread, but I was curious to know what post count is required to start joining swaps. Looked at all the pinned topics but didn't see it.

Thanks.

It's been awhile since I went thru them myself but I know there's a post and participant count to host a swap but not for joining. I invited a cyber friend of mine to join this site and my swap from another board and wasn't sure about post count either but personally vouched for him. Maybe a mod will join in here and give an explanation but I don't think there's a count for joining, only for hosting.

Nick

I think your right Nick, i dont think their is any requirements to join a swap but your supposed to particapate in 3 swaps, have a 75 post count and send in your address to 1 of the admins to host.