Fly Tying
janw

hi from Germany

Hi guys,

I am a fly fisherman and flytyer from the Baltic sea coast in Northern Germany. My daily fishing is for sea trout ( aka. sea run brown trouts ) in the Baltic sea. I am also fishing for it in Sweden and Denmark. Another passion of mine is travelling in Northern Scandinavia and fishing there for salmon, grayling and brown trout. I am happy to join you.

Cheers

Welcome Janw. There is a small group growing now of European sea trout anglers here on FTF. Look forward to seeing your flies and fish.

Glad to see someone from Germany on this forum. Many years ago I lived and studied in northern Germany. Hamburg, Berlin, Oldenburg, and Hildesheim is where I spent most of my time. Loved the county and the people. Sorry my German isn't what it once was. That was almost thirty years ago. Gruss Dich!!!!

Willkommen Jan. We do have several active Scandinavians on this forum... maybe you can hook up with some of them :-)

Pardon the pun.... I just can't help it.

We look forward to seeing pics of your flies and your fish. We're told that there is no catch-release in Germany. Say it isn't so! Are you allowed to C&R the fish you catch in the Baltic?

Cool! We fish the same waters! Welcome! My misses lived in Munich for 7years, she moved there in the 90's & worked in the hospital as a nurse when she graduated, but a lot of nurses went to Germany from Finland, jobs & cheaper cost of living! I only know German swear words, learn them from RTL , misses has that pay channel so she dosent forget german! How is the pike fishing in germany? Yes! Northern scandinavia is a meka for the fly fisherman! Big grayling & "WILD" trout!

I was stationed in Germany from July 1981 to Aug 1994. Caught a bunch of big brown trout and grayling before moving to England. Hope to move back to Germany in 6 yrs, the fly fishing was wunderbar.