Fly Tying
breambuster

Emerger Swap

Breambuster, I am agreeable to what ever you want to do, but if there is any extra flies from me then just keep them if you want them or cut the mess that I made off the hook and tie a good fly with it.

Netabrookie, I have seen a few experienced swappers whose flies I might consider cutting off the hook, but never yours! And never a beginner, they have done their best. Your flies are always excellent in my book.

OK, guys, I'm ending the swap as of now. I'll divide them up and get them in the mail either today or tomorrow. Our local post office closes at Noon on Wednesdays and so I may not get there in time. I'll let you know when they actually go into the mail.

Take care

BB

OK, Guys, I made it to the Post Office just in time, even though the train was parked across Main Street, blocking all traffic into and out of town. I went around to another side of town and got the the Post Office by the skin of my teeth, but your flies are headed toward you. I have been doing fly swaps for several years now, and I thought I had made every mistake possible, but when I got to the Post Office, I found out that I had made a new mistake that I had never made before. Somehow I had David Richard's flies in the envelope he used to mail them to me. We made some adjustments to the envelope and I paid the postage so that David, your flies are in the mail also. I retrieved your stamped envelope from the discards and will make adjustments to use it, myself, in the future.

I am going to be posting a Nymph Swap in just a few minutes, so if any of you are interested, I would be glad to have you join us.

Take care

BB

I got mine today. Good looking flies everyone. Thanks to all and a big Thanks to Breambuster for the compliment and for hosting.

Take Care,

Tony

Got my flies today. Wish I had half the tying talent as the rest of you guys, they are all great looking flies! Thanks,

Scott

Just got home from a long weekend out of town, and found this great set of emerger flies in my mail pile. Thanks for hosting BB. Nice work everyone.

ScottK- yours look great, nothing to worry about.

Jburge- what hook is yours tied on?

Just returned from a backpack trip in the Sierra Nevada (too much fun catching fish), and I find a great set of emergers in the mail. Thanks to all for tying a really nice set, and thanks breambuster for hosting!

Jburge- what hook is yours tied on?

He, he. Nice hook. I found 'em when fishingbob and I were at the NW Fly Tying Expo in Albany, OR last March. They're a European style scud/Czech nymph hook manufactured for flytyingspecialties.com. I also picked up some of their dry fly hooks, which looked very appealing as well.

Just returned from a backpack trip in the Sierra Nevada (too much fun catching fish), and I find a great set of emergers in the mail. Thanks to all for tying a really nice set, and thanks breambuster for hosting!

Where did you go? I just got back from a backpacking trip from the Sierras myself

Where did you go? I just got back from a backpacking trip from the Sierras myself

Carson-Iceberg Wilderness. Fished a lot of the upper reaches of the East Fork Carson--below the falls, though :-0

How 'bout you? Where were you?