Fly Tying
hairwing

June flies from the bench

A few salwater flies, and a couple squid, too

The squid are cool looking!

Some of you may have heard of the Shakey Beeley, a fly out of Blue Ribbon Flies in West Yellowstone, Montana. The fly is a soft hackle which has been tied to represent emerging mayflies, drowned stoneflies, and many other insects. It's also in the top 5 list of Patagonia's owner, Yvon Chouinard.

In this variation, I tied it to match the Isonychia (aka Slate Drakes) that are due in our area soon. Feel free to modify this pattern to meet your own needs.

TC

Trying out some caddis flies this June with wings made from synthetic dubbing. Can get lots of nice colors for the wings. I was inspired to try this when I caught a small bright yellow caddis with yellow wings while fishing a small stream, when I went to tie an imitation I had nothing to imitate those yellow wings very good except some dubbing. Now I just have to put them out on the water and see how they do.

post-53186-0-09497300-1402282904_thumb.jpg post-53186-0-17210800-1402282924_thumb.jpg post-53186-0-31990600-1402282945_thumb.jpg

Also tied up a foam body mayfly to try out on some faster mountain streams.

post-53186-0-32778400-1402283449_thumb.jpg

Great start to june here is a few of mine

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Tails are a little to long for me. And i think it would look better with ribbing, and it would be more durable. Anyways great tie. If the fish like it than its fine.

"Tails are a little to long for me. And i think it would look better with ribbing, and it would be more durable. Anyways great tie. If the fish like it than its fine."

Long tails are no problem when bluegill fishing, the gills will nip them short in no time at all.

"Tails are a little to long for me. And i think it would look better with ribbing, and it would be more durable. Anyways great tie. If the fish like it than its fine."

Long tails are no problem when bluegill fishing, the gills will nip them short in no time at all.

i dont know anything about bluegills. but for trout the would be a little to long at least for me.

i dont know anything about bluegills. but for trout the would be a little to long at least for me.

ya gills will eat up tails pretty good, I normaly don't tie on #16 or smaller lol so my portions are off a tad body size tails or shank size tails that is the question sometimes lol

I like that Switch, but what I really want to see is the rabbit that the rabbit strip came from!!!

Cheers,

C.

Crane Fly larva. They can really get big, I've seen two inchers on my local stream. Fish love them !

003_zps32330fff.jpg

CEL-1-_zpsc636aa0c.jpg

CALIFORNIA EMERGING BUGGER (Leech) – Shiess/Richards Variant – TroutLegend “S” Competition hook, #6…

HAZEDHOLOSHEMERGER-1-_zpsbbb6d336.jpg

HOLO HAZE SH – Craven/Variant- TroutLegend N/D Hook, #14 – #18…

PT/TB