Fly Tying

Smalliehunter's Smallmouth Fly Swap #2

QUOTE (SmallieHunter @ Feb 5 2005, 10:38 PM)
Alright! So far we have

GHow
Philly
lewy271
TJD
daryn smith
atroutbum2
skunked

5 more to go headbang.gif

Hi Folks, I volunteered gurglers.... kekeke...

GHow

Philly

lewy271

TJD

daryn smith

atroutbum2

skunked

Jimmy Aw

Flies for smelly, warm water fish, that fight like bulldogs?

I'm in. Here comes another cray pattern.

Art

Hey Will,

Please count me in. I will be demonstrating how to tie a Stimulator at our club's monthly tying session on the 28th. I've got seven done already. I am practicing and working on the recipe a bit. I want to make sure that this pattern does not overwhelm some of our more novice tiers. So I should have plenty of these to pick from by the end of the month, which means I will be on-time and won't hold up the show. I'll just pick out the best twelve and away we go.

Being the (fairly new) Fly Fishing Coordinator of the Illinois Smallmouth Alliance, it would not look good if I passed up the chance to swap Smallmouth flies with my friends on this awesome fly tying forum.

More later,

Ken S

An interesting bit of trivia (for lack of a better word)

I always save a link to the swaps that I am participating in. So I just saved the link to this swap. How cool that Smalliehunter's swap is topic number 8000. thumbsup.gif Just 7 months ago, SmallieHunter's first smallmouth swap was number 4023. This is a moving and shaking message forum. clapping.gif

Ken S.

Kschu, your part of ISA huh...Were you at the Flyfishing show in Tinley Park this weekend, I hit it both days it was pretty decent. I've thought about joining ISA a few times just wasn't sure if it was worth the $$$. I spoke to one of your members there he seemed to be a pretty good guy and I'm thinking about joining even more now...Ah we'll see.

Anyway my flies are done. Actually they were done last night this is what happens when your girl is out of town...Plenty of time to tie tongue.gif ....

I am forcing my favorite fly on everyone (it isn't "SEXY" but it works)...I posted it in the database before, no seemed to appreciate it all that much..lol maybe it was the picture. Its my atomic cicada. But they account for a good number of the fish that I catch, they are also a nice easy tie. Now I get to spend the rest of my time before the due date trying to find a suitable container to send them in...Anyone have any suggestions?

QUOTE (lewy271 @ Feb 6 2005, 07:21 PM)
Kschu, your part of ISA huh...Were you at the Flyfishing show in Tinley Park this weekend, I hit it both days it was pretty decent.  I've thought about joining ISA a few times just wasn't sure if it was worth the $$$.  I spoke to one of your members there he seemed to be a pretty good guy and I'm thinking about joining even more now...Ah we'll see.

Hey Lewy,

Am I part of the ISA? You could say that. My wife wonders if it is some part of me.

Yes, I was at the show all day on Saturday. Since my picture is in the left margin, I'm guessing that you talked to Michael or Alan who were also at our table on Saturday. I spent a good bit of time crusing the show and got quite a few other donations for our fund-raiser. I also spent more money than I went in with. I knew I should have left the credit cards at home. On Sunday, one of our executive board members (Rich) was there and I'm not sure who was there with him.

Did you get one of our little yellow cards that the ISA was handing out. URLs and info for Illinois DNR on one side and phone number for reporting poaching in Illinois on the other side. Don't go fishing without it.

I think that any member of the Smallmouth Alliance would tell you that joining was one of the best moves they made. I've enjoyed meeting smallie fan's from the organizations in other states as well. The club is heavily focused on conservation and education. Both are incredibly valuable to all fisherman, not just Smallie fans. I won't drag this out into a big long comercial for the ISA. Drop me an e-mail if you have other questions I can answer for you, or we can start a thread in a more appropriate forum.

And yes it was a pretty good show.

More later,

Ken S.

I think I'm too late for this one.... If not, let me know.

Kschu - I talked to you on Sat. (I'm an central IL ISA member) Did you see the foam that stretches (Bill from PA) and was being made into helgramites? If so, what did you think of those flies. I got the foam and chenile and made a couple...we'll see how they work.

OK we got a full swap now guys. If nobody cares I will let in the extra couple of guys join who wanted in which means it will be a total of 16 flies. I will push the deadline back to March 31st to accomodate the extra couple of guys dunno.gif

GHow

Philly

lewy271

TJD

daryn smith

atroutbum2

skunked

Jimmy Aw

MuskyOnTheFly

Artimus

kschu

hexfli