Fly Tying
petelangevin

Cutting your own zudbubbler heads

I saw a posting on facebook where a guy used foam floor pads to cut his own popper heads. Is anyone here doing that? I am trying to find the floor pads to do it myself. They make great frogs.

This goes along with flip flops. I am assuming you're speaking of the interlocking mats that are used as flooring in a shop, not the foam that cushions carpeting.

If you go online to Harbor Freight or Northern Tool, you'll probably find what you are looking for.

Flip flops from Dollar Tree are good for popper bodies, and they come in more than black.

home depot, lowes, amazon or walmart has gym mats in assorted colors

hobby/craft stores should also carry mats

Google "gym mats" and search the images for other locations

Problem with the harbor freight mats is that they only come in very large pack (about a dozen 4'x4' pads) and the ones I've seen I think are too thick, plus they only come in black. I've seen some Yoga mats that might work, but again, a single mat is enough for several thousand popper heads. Why not stick with flip flops!

I only plan on tying a few dozen, but extras are always good for swaps for other things.

I will check out all the places listes.

Thanks for the imput!