Fly Tying
rockworm

Fifth Annual Evolution Swap

A brief update:

I have received flies from everyone except cencalfly and riffleriversteelheadslayer. A PM from cencal says he is retying his contribution. I will PM RRSHS to see what is happening there. Unfortunately, my family will be on vacation in August, so I will be unable to put the Evo sets together until early September. I hope the remaining two sets will be in my hands be then.

I don't know what's happened to this site. There seem to be lots more no shows, fewer of the long time members showing up for swaps. Swaps used to fill up in a day or two at the most. Now it seems to take longer and longer to get 12 to sign up and then you may only get 10 sets of flies. Due dates don't seem to mean anything either. I have really enjoyed this site, I have flies from all over the world. I have caught quite a few trout on some of these flies. I have even copied some of the best and tied them myself. I am glad to wait till September, but I wish I didn't have to. Thanks for hosting this for the last five years. Along with the Secret Santa swap it is one of my favorites.

One of the reasons that I was late is that my business has really taken off over the last year, and I guess I thought I'd have time like I used to and I just don't seem to be able to make the time for the things I used to. The other is that I got an empty envelope back a week or so after I mailed them and had to retie all the flies.

I really am torn about how things are going, I love the success, but I don't have the time to myself that I used to have. I haven't been on here nearly as often as I used to be, and I miss it, but I have to make some sacrifices and my business and family have to come first. I miss being an active member and into the swaps like it used to be, and maybe when I start up a second crew I will have some more time to do the things that I enjoy. Until then, I make it here when I can and try not to enter into swaps that I won't be able to finish.

Thank rockworm for hosting and for the heads up pm. I wouldn't miss this swap unless I just couldn't tie at all.

I wish you a very happy holliday, Rockworm. I'll see the flies when they get here, be it September or if need to be in octobre, I don't mind because they are worth waiting for. Since I'm also one off the guys that sends his flies in late I think it's not on me to comment on that, but I understand that it is annoying. Sorry for that. It is the reason why I don't appear in much swaps anymore. Sad but true.

So, enjoy your vacation!

Greetings

Sjo

I am so looking forward to seeing the quality flies that always emerge from this swap. I was looking at the sets tonight. Never ceases to amaze me.

I hope everyone had a great summer! School starts Monday and my kids are having their last fling at freedom- One is currently hanging upside down from a tree while eating an ice cream. The other appears to be fighting an invading Armada of evil aliens on the computer. While they try not to think of next week I can turn my thoughts to mounting your Evo Swap flies. I will not apologize for how long you have had to wait to see this set of amazing flies. If they had all arrived by the deadline you would have had them over a month ago. But all the flies did manage to finally make it and I am ready to do my bit. I hope to get them in the mail sometime next week. Cheers

I got my box with the 5th anual evolution swap!

What a surprise again. Bruce, thank you so much for doing this, you deserve a monument!

I got my 5 boxes out and examined them once again. They all contain great ties, almost to good to keep in the box! Year after year the flies are so nicely tied and evolution comes alive in the patterns and in the names, what a fun.

A big thank you to all my fellowswappers who made this possible again.

CU next year!

Sjo

Happened to meet my mailman at the mailbox this morning and right on top was a package from Canada. I rushed home to open it and for the fifth time what a joy. Great job everyone and a special thanks to Bruce for doing this every year.

Received mine today. I enjoy the presentation; this one was hard to envision based on the text. Very elegant and wistful! Thanks all!

I am glad to hear your Evo Fly Sets are getting to you OK. I get the shakes every time I take my offerings to the Post Office. (I am convinced they have an altar in the back room with a little pile of kindling and a few coals from the last offering.)