Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

1wt 7'6" 4pc

FIlTFY.jpg

MIBrnv.jpg

p5EdXl.jpg

o3lBFa.jpg

This one is one for my own personal collection of rods, but it is also a prototype of a rod I will be offering this summer about July. It is a 7'6" 1wt 4pc. It's a true 1wt with very moderate/full flex action. I did this one up with lightweight components, blue dun thread and gold trim. I plan to use this on a small local stream as well as Trico hatch on the North branc of the Au Sable. My supplier should have the blanks so I can start offering these 1wt's about mid/late July.

Not a fan of that dark head on the handle! But a 1wt 7'6" 4pc is a dream of mine! Damn, something else i have to try & save for! You might have a customer in Finland this year Steve!?!

Some how I missed this when it was originally posted. Sure is Purdy and everybody needs a 1wt or 0wt. I personally would like to see one a little shorter but that should make a fine fish catching machine.

What is the blank?

It is one my supplier at Bingham Enterprises and I have been collaborating on to have designed and built to our specs. This is the very first prototype and the rest should be in our hands about early July now that we have given them the go ahead for the production run.