Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
islander727

EP Craft Fur Brush?

Has anybody used the EP craft fur brush yet? I'm just curious how the white and red looks when wrapped on the hook...

(Yeah, I'm in the process of building my own dubbing brush tool...)

Just made my own brush maker and tied my first brush fly. After making two brushes using a Velcro comb I was not happy with the results. Switched to a dog underfur brush and that was the ticket. Have not used craft fur yet but I'm very pleased with results from EP and SF fiber.

post-48414-0-00914900-1458964451_thumb.jpg

Put this version together. Worked fine for me. Spun brushes by hand. Good Luck.

Total cost 49 cents for two beveled washers.

I just use craft fur in a dubbing loop, and it works well for me. I like the fullness of the bodies it produces.

post-18514-0-11225900-1458993672_thumb.jpgpost-18514-0-18767500-1458993707_thumb.jpg

I just use craft fur in a dubbing loop, and it works well for me. I like the fullness of the bodies it produces.

attachicon.gifIMG_0076.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0077.JPG

I started to type up in detail how I do this too ! Then I saw your post come in and wiped my text LOL. But indeed , works fine for me too and I do that when I want that fullness as well vs the backwards tie in that produces the wide body but more wispy in nature ( both ways have their place in streamer making)!!

Using a loop I just use one color fiber right now though, orange. versus a reverse tie or straight stung tie where I use multi colors. I do vary the style a bit by the type of eyes used or no eyes and or flash added as a tag or tail at the bend of the hook or none.

Course EP or craft fur can be used as actual dubbing as well.