Fly Tying

I suppose I do have to accept some responsibility. Raise with a brother and four sisters, Dad and Mom ... sarcasm and teasing was just the way we communicated. It's impossible to grow up like that without developing a "thick skin".

My mind just can't conceive of NOT being that way.

I hear ya. I only have 1 brother and 1 sister. But cousins, are a different story. Mom had 8 brothers and 2 sisters. A few of them had 5 or more children. I had one uncle that made the comment we are not stopping until we have at least 1 boy and 1 girl. After 8 boys, they finally had their girl.

Family reunions were a blast. If you didn't have a thick skin and could take some good natured ribbing, you was just cannon fodder. You learned to take as much as you gave. If you hit someone in the back of the head with a water balloon, be ready because sometime during you were going to get 2.

Noticed that it didn't come with a bobbin cradle which seems odd since you need one to effectively use the rotary feature. I looked on Ebay and the Anvil Atlas vise with the cradle runs about $35.00 more with free shipping which puts this vise about $10.00 more than a similarly equipped Peak Rotary vise with cradle. With that in mind a comparison of the two might prove interesting....

Noticed that it didn't come with a bobbin cradle which seems odd since you need one to effectively use the rotary feature. I looked on Ebay and the Anvil Atlas vise with the cradle runs about $35.00 more with free shipping which puts this vise about $10.00 more than a similarly equipped Peak Rotary vise with cradle. With that in mind a comparison of the two might prove interesting....

If I owned the peak, I would love to do a comparison. I just don't, and cannot afford to buy another. Sorry... Anyone else own both and want to chime in?

If I owned the peak, I would love to do a comparison. I just don't, and cannot afford to buy another. Sorry... Anyone else own both and want to chime in?

I have both. The Peak is far superior. The angle of the jaw of the Atlas is a deal breaker due to the notches in the jaw. It's really difficult to get a big hook to "seat" correctly with the current angle setup. Also, the Peak is much smoother out of the box.

I have both. The Peak is far superior. The angle of the jaw of the Atlas is a deal breaker due to the notches in the jaw. It's really difficult to get a big hook to "seat" correctly with the current angle setup. Also, the Peak is much smoother out of the box.

Good to know! Thanks! I might look into getting one of those then at one point.