Fly Tying

But hell, there is ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat.

As long as this is taking a turn for the linguistic... I have heard this countless times since I moved to the US. I want to know exactly how many ways there are, and who came up with them, you bunch of sickos...!!!

biggrin.png

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/32123/origin-of-the-phrase-theres-more-than-one-way-to-skin-a-cat

or teach some tyers/tiers when to use there they're their, to too two, dye/die, weather wether whether etc

by bye buy smile.png

Very nice ....

Hey just for the record ...are we not a global website?

KIR

Retro

But hell, there is ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat.

As long as this is taking a turn for the linguistic... I have heard this countless times since I moved to the US. I want to know exactly how many ways there are, and who came up with them, you bunch of sickos...!!!

:D

I hate cats... Still trying to learn all the ways.

I don't know what the correct vise/vice is but I be an expert rebrewer on me bLoG. LOL I love the drama in McFly's posts. They can't be serious, must be playing us. Is McFly and FlatsRoamer the same people? The always post together.............

I don't know what the correct vise/vice is but I be an expert rebrewer on me bLoG. LOL I love the drama in McFly's posts. They can't be serious, must be playing us. Is McFly and FlatsRoamer the same people? The always post together.............

I don't mean to cause drama in my posts. I ask simple questions... I am good, and always have been good at getting discussion going though. I appologise that you feel this posting is drama. However I feel discussion is a good thing no? Isn't that the point of a forum? I don't feel this post got heated or drama filled like the last one. For that one I appologise.

Flats is a nice young man that follows my vids. He posts in my threads. I don't know him personally, but appreciate his postings. :) we are not the same person.

I am noticing many of you don't like me, and I'm really sorry about that. Again i appologise for that last posting and joining in with the arguments. I don't know how many times I need to appologise. But I'll do it until you understand I really am sorry. I really didn't mean to get upset.

I really do think most of this comes from not hearing tone of voice. I never really was upset and that would be apparent if I was talking, and not just typing. Again, sorry for any frustration I've caused.

One thing about life, we all learn as we go along through it. We were not born knowing all things or how to handle all things. Life is a continuous learning process. But here is the thing, changing what doesn't work. By the time we are too old to be of a lot of use in some ways, we then have acquired the tools to handle ourselves, just in time to be either getting cranky or senile. What's the point ? Not one single one of us is perfect McFly. We make mistakes, hopefully we learn from that.

"I am noticing many of you don't like me..." huh? what? i'm following this thread because i too have an atlas vise. I also have checked out your videos and have made a comment or two in the past. i don't see anything in this thread or others that should be construed as people not liking you.

let's get back to the vise. i don't think you need to add any type of lubricant to the mechanism(s). just use the vise, i bet it'll break in nicely. let us know how things develop.

eric

fresno, ca.

It's "vice" in England, "vise" in America.

It's "tyre" in England, "tire" in America. "Waggon" in England, "wagon" in America. Noah Webster established American spelling after the War of 1812 to distinguish it from England English. At least that's what I heard.

Differences in spelling Country to Country is nothing.

Typing stupid spelling mistakes is a given, we all do it.

Leaving those mistakes in through laziness is indistinguishable from actual stupidity.

Take an extra few seconds to correct your mistakes, then you don't have to worry about the "grammar police" stepping in.

Dumbing down the next generation ... one of the things I hate about the digital age.

Laughing My Arse Off !!!!! Notice I didn't say Ass as in the horse like quadruped. lolololo

KIR

Retro