Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Adam Saarinen

Pike&Musky flies from the vise!

I have spent more of my time fishing for pike and walleye than trout and salmonoids. Flyfishing I started with trout and steelhead. Pike and walleye was gear growing up. Time to venture further into that, I have that 300 m from my front deck!

post-55238-0-62104100-1475957434_thumb.jpg Partridge Universal Predator X #6/0, Partridge Intruder Shank 35mm, Bauer power rattle, 18mm FTS eyes! Partridge 35mm shanks are longer then Fishskull 35mm shanks cos' the actual shank part is 35mm, not the whole thing, so i hid the power rattle on the shank in this fly!

corney! I've alway's thought if you can't live where you want to fish? Learn to fish where you live!

Agreed! I have fished hard with bugs and a fly rod and had some fish on. Mostly pike, want to focus on walleye. You almost have to beat the perch off a Muddler minnow? Been trying to fish an 8 wt TFo rod for the most part so a perch isn't a great fight.

Kept sharing those bugs, materials list would be cool. Recipes would be of great assistance to newer tyers but take time to put together.

post-55238-0-90289300-1476562633_thumb.jpg Partridge Universal Predator X #6/0, Partridge Intruder 35mm articulated shank, Bauer power rattle, FTS 18mm eye's, flash from Hedron, bigfly fibre, Whiting schlappen, hedron lateral scale, veevus 150d & zap a gap! + locktite gel, then loon uv thick between the eye's!

Adam, I love the ostrich collars you tie. I will have to steal some of your ideas and adapt them for the salt

Thanks Andy! But remember your salt is stronger then ours, sea not ocean! And even thow i rinse the flies after use, atleast wapsi ostrich changes colour before to long & just looks the colour of bleached!

SQUIRRELY%20BIOT%20OLIVE%20BAETIS_zpsgui

SQUIRRELLY/BIOT OLIVE BAETIS NYMPH – TMC 103BL, #17 – #21…

QUILL%20NYMPH%20BAETIS%20GRP_zpsvp07hguf

UV2 QUILL NYMPHs BWO…#20’s…

PT/TB