Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Here we go again! more upgrades to the office

unsure.png Still looking all around for the blue parts?

Okay, based on an early thread ... you wrote about the tank's needing to run with water to get all the chemical balances right. Otherwise it will kill the fish in about a month.

I'll take it, since you're putting fish in with a few days of filling it, that the balance is in the WATER, and you have some already done. It's not the tank that has to sit, but the water?

As I've said before, I always had local fish in local water in my tanks ... never really got into them as deeply as you, Steve.

As long as everything's ready for viewing by February ... then it's good !!!

Water holds only 1% of the beneficial bacteria colonies Mike. 99% of the bacteria that does the Nitrate cycle resides in the filter media. Since I have 7 other tanks running with established media what I will do is I will take a little bit of media from each of those filters and add the the new tank's filter which will make it safe.

The lights on all my tanks have a "moonlight" setting which is blue LEDs.....so when you get here in Feb I'll make sure to have all the blue lights on just for you! lol

This post somehow got entangled with the "hall of fame" one tonight, that was odd. Straightened out and moved to here now. Troph tank build is now done and fish have been swimming happily for about 24hrs now. I already saw a couple of the larger ones in the group doing the mating dance behind the rock so they be happy in their new home.
TmWQic.jpg

U1cXPR.jpg

FiUtUv.jpg

b9yz8g.jpg

xhkuYD.jpg

5cZDcP.jpg

K9MkDl.jpg

Nicely done. Great addition to the room. There's another 15 minutes of no conversation, while I contemplate that tank.

Beautiful fish and habitat. Good thing your tank is enclosed if Mikechell will be visiting. He likes to catch those itty-bitty ones. Not a slam, I do too. And I once got in trouble for casting into a koi pond in a hotel lobby. Not from management but my trophy wife of 38 years. Used the Leatherman tool to snip off all of the exposed hook to avoid hurting them but my wife did not see any humor in this. Couldn't move any of the fish in about three casts then I got busted.

Looks great. Can we see the blue lights you talked about? I have threatened for years to put blue LEDs on my Vette...but i can't afford the tickets. LOL.

w76hw9.jpg

AogESG.jpg

bptTiC.jpg

s4Q79D.jpg

Not fish for this newest tank, but for one of the other tanks in the office, figured I'd post here though rather than start a new thread. Picked up a couple new fish for the hap tank yesterday. A beautiful Dimidiochromis compressiceps that is about 8" long and a red fin borleyi which is about 6" long.