Fly Tying
eastern fly

2017 Spring Articulated Streamers

I have an idea I would like to add to the swap. Let me know what you think. Not every day are perfect water conditions so how about splitting up the flies? Half for clean water and the rest for dirty water.

Kevin

How about one of each from each tier? You're pushing it out to March 1st should be lots of time and a season's worth of flies.

It doesn't work in my feeble mind. Kevin. We never get 2 flies from same tier so how do we get a bright and dirty from each tier. Seems like if you take an even number and half tie all theirs dark and half tie all theirs bright it would then sort out so each of us get half and half and we get ONE fly from each tire. yes?

It doesn't work in my feeble mind. Kevin. We never get 2 flies from same tier so how do we get a bright and dirty from each tier. Seems like if you take an even number and half tie all theirs dark and half tie all theirs bright it would then sort out so each of us get half and half and we get ONE fly from each tire. yes?

I am on if there's room

vicente your in. vic I can mix them up. If someone sends in a random set they would still need to be under the set up.

Kevin

How about one of each from each tier? You're pushing it out to March 1st should be lots of time and a season's worth of flies.

Either way sounds like it will work fine, but I think this is a good idea.

I jump in on this one. Had planed to learn this new style to me this winter so this will be a good start. Have material on the way but still need to get hooks. Any suggestions on good sites to vist or hook recomidation? I am sure I will have a few questions along the way but as always I know we're to go.

I jump in on this one. Had planed to learn this new style to me this winter so this will be a good start. Have material on the way but still need to get hooks. Any suggestions on good sites to vist or hook recomidation? I am sure I will have a few questions along the way but as always I know we're to go.

Partridge Predator or Gamakatsu b10 stingers make good hooks for these, try J stocked.

I like the good old stand by most of the video tiers use, the B10S, and ebay has them at reasonable prices. The Predator hook from Partridge is a longer hook and to me is too long for articulated, though the hooks Kevin mentions are probably as long or longer.

Kevin, as you are the one who brought up clean and dirty water, I could use some help on this. My thinking for years was darker for dark water, lighter for clearer water. Could you list groups of colors you see as for dirty flies and for clean flies?

Nick

I like the good old stand by most of the video tiers use, the B10S, and ebay has them at reasonable prices. The Predator hook from Partridge is a longer hook and to me is too long for articulated, though the hooks Kevin mentions are probably as long or longer.

Kevin, as you are the one who brought up clean and dirty water, I could use some help on this. My thinking for years was darker for dark water, lighter for clearer water. Could you list groups of colors you see as for dirty flies and for clean flies?

Nick

I use "earth colors' like brown's grey's black for sure ect. for dirty or dark days. Flies that give more silhouette.

Kevin

So Kevin, would 2 separate patterns be preferable for this, or 1 pattern, but split between 2 colors? For the clean vs dirty water? Planning on doing a game changer, which can work both, but better in certain colors for certain water quality