Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

10ft 5wt custom rod

Over 100 emails back and forth? Your a better man then me is all I can say.

Mike

Up it was over 100, and that is an actual number not an exaggeration. After I sent him his deposit back I got to wondering exactly how many emails we had because I knew it was a ton so I went through and counted. Over a 10 day period there were exactly 101 emails between us.

Dave- Rat Fink baby wink.png Being a lifelong gearhead/car guy I was always a big fan of Big Daddy.

Here is how I would do a custom build with Steve when I get the chance.

Agree on a budget

Tell him features one has seen and liked on other rods

GET OUT OF HIS WAY

Later, answer his questions, thoughtfully and sincerely.

My .02

That's a beautiful rod. One of these days I'm gonna have to hit you up for a custom build.

He is working on one for me right now, and I haven't seen the finished product yet, but I will tell you that he has been really helpful and patient with me and my annoyingly picky needs. LOL

You won't go wrong with one of Stevo's rods.....they are awesome pieces .

Agree on a budget

GET OUT OF HIS WAY

My .02

I am a control freak... HAHA I feel bad, I am probably annoying him with all the questions. I should listen to this advice. Well, its my first custom rod and pretty much my pickiness has already been done. I will get out of his way on the next build for sure. LOL Maybe pick the wrap colors, and thats that.

That's a beautiful rod. One of these days I'm gonna have to hit you up for a custom build.

He is working on one for me right now, and I haven't seen the finished product yet, but I will tell you that he has been really helpful and patient with me and my annoyingly picky needs. LOL

Naw not annoying at all bud. You would have to go much further to ever beat the most head bang against a wall customer I have ever had. Last year I had well over 100 plus emails with one customer about a build, and that was before I even laid a single finger on anything to work on with the rod. So I think that guy took the cake for annoying lol. And nope it was not anyone here wink.png

Those are the clients I hope I'm working for hourly, nothing worse then giving a lower bid and planning to bang a job out and having to spend more time talking to the client then working.

I do website design, and this happens to me all the time. I will make a bid on a job for a website and hope to make $20/hour or so. But after all the changes and edits to the site, I end up with $5/hour. HAHA So, next build Steve, I will make it a 2 email build. HAHA

Agree on a budget

GET OUT OF HIS WAY

My .02

I am a control freak... HAHA I feel bad, I am probably annoying him with all the questions. I should listen to this advice. Well, its my first custom rod and pretty much my pickiness has already been done. I will get out of his way on the next build for sure. LOL Maybe pick the wrap colors, and thats that.

Laughing but sorry, It was the blacklisted ones, so I was not referring to you, ... but You don't step on Super Man's Cape, don't Tell Picasso how to Paint. It is Art dude, you got a Master working for you. And, I just stole some Jim Croce lyrics. And, steel solicits your feedback and applies it ... Carry On!

Agree on a budget

GET OUT OF HIS WAY

My .02

Laughing but sorry, It was the blacklisted ones, so I was not referring to you, ... but You don't step on Super Man's Cape, don't Tell Picasso how to Paint. It is Art dude, you got a Master working for you. And, I just stole some Jim Croce lyrics. And, steel solicits your feedback and applies it ... Carry On!

I know you weren't referring to me... still I can take advice even if it's directed at someone else. Learn from others mistakes, that way you don't have to make them. Haha

Well, you didn't actually steal Jim Croce's lyrics ... since yours are so far off. Butchered, maybe ... stole, no.