Fly Tying
Mike West

Hackle Pliers....😡!!!!!!

Wiil K, Your old one may work better with some soft vinyl tubing or the Gummy type of UV resin, sparingly applied, mine do!

Idaho RC, what is the pricing on those beauties. Please feed my addiction? Are the gripping features better than on that rotary pliers I pictured #17, above, if you know?

WOW! Thanks Bob. That really works great. I had a pair that had molded rubber tips. Somehow I lost one. I replaced it with shrink tube, like you said. Plus added it to some old ones. I have some cheap China ones that I hardly used. Now they work great. Try it guys.

Wiil K, Your old one may work better with some soft vinyl tubing or the Gummy type of UV resin, sparingly applied, mine do!

Idaho RC, what is the pricing on those beauties. Please feed my addiction? Are the gripping features better than on that rotary pliers I pictured #17, above, if you know?

I don't think they necessarily grip any better. The long spring is really soft so they are really forgiving. For me they are way better than the half dozen or so different types I have.

They are on sale for about $7 this month at J Stockard. The brand is Stonfo.

I don't think they necessarily grip any better. The long spring is really soft so they are really forgiving. For me they are way better than the half dozen or so different types I have.

They are on sale for about $7 this month at J Stockard. The brand is Stonfo.

They are hackle pliers. If it works good for me. Why would I spend $7 for a new one. Just saying its a good upgrade for some tired old ones.

bass master- I, for one, have not urged you to spend $7.00, ;) or not spend $7.00, :) plus I know very well that an alligator clip and some shrink tubing, will probably be sufficient for 90% of the tying one would do, and I probably do half of my work with fingers only, because I have really been into big patterns since our TigerMuskie/LM Bass fishery started to take off.

I will spend $7.00 to try new pliers for 2 reasons: 1- Because when it comes to tying small dries and soft hackles I have really struggled, and I want something for a travel kit; and 2- I am now in the process of setting up 2 classes in which I hope to teach disabled, military veterans some basic fly tying, and I suspect some of them will want to try several options. *

* And, I am addicted to all gadgets involved in fly tying, they say the first step in solving a problem is admitting there is a problem, I just do not want to take any more steps ;) and thus, I will probably get those J-Vise grabbers too, if I see them "On Sale."

I have try almost all cheap pliers on the market until i take the plunge and bought a C&F Design, it's worth every penny, no more swearing at the fly-tying table since then.

Got my "TyFlyz" hackle tweezers yesterday. Went fishing yesterday, too. That video will be posted later. Woke with a headache today, so no fishing. I think I'll be tying some flies, to try the tweezers out, today.

Got my "TyFlyz" hackle tweezers yesterday. Went fishing yesterday, too. That video will be posted later. Woke with a headache today, so no fishing. I think I'll be tying some flies, to try the tweezers out, today.

You will like, guaranteed