Fly Tying
Li'lDave

The Warm Water Vice

Thx. I hate trying articulated flies. I dont do very many

That thing will fish..Tie it all black and it would make a good tadpole

47_F74285_E111_4_BA3_A2_C5_FCFECF841188.

Its a rabbit strip..just more action/movement.

Its a variant of Tim Englands Eel Bug...been tying it for 20+ years. One of my favorite Bass flies for fishing submerged weed beds and around timber/stick ups.

I tie lot of different variants of it... that one has 0.25 lead wrapped the entire hook shank length to help get it under the surface a bit..tie them with doll eyes,plastic eyes,living eyes,dumbell eyes and no eyes..I also tie them out of spun wool instead of deer hair.

Ill try to dig up some different pictures and post them.

808_F4_AC3_E92_F_49_CA_8704_4173_D4_E1_D

4_F4_B15_A6_B73_B_4_BF7_A7_B4_6_F3515208

01947_D3_A_782_D_41_A2_9_A1_B_B018880_D8

Its a rabbit strip..just more action/movement.

Its a variant of Tim Englands Eel Bug...been tying it for 20+ years. One of my favorite Bass flies for fishing submerged weed beds and around timber/stick ups.

I tie lot of different variants of it... that one has 0.25 lead wrapped the entire hook shank length to help get it under the surface a bit..tie them with doll eyes,plastic eyes,living eyes,dumbell eyes and no eyes..I also tie them out of spun wool instead of deer hair.

Ill try to dig up some different pictures and post them.

That's what I figured, but just wondered if there was more to it. They look sweet, but also I would think they're a pain to tie.

Thx F2

And yes they are a PIA to tie. The main thing is the hackle breaking as you wrap it thru the deer hair

The yellow with black face was suppose to have a hackle wrapped thru the body, it broke.

Clipping off the hackle,cutting the rubber legs etc. but I cant tell you how many Bass and how many Big Bass Ive caught on these.

They are worth the trouble to me. I usually have one big box of these dedicated to this pattern alone on me on all Bass fishing trips...also caught Reds and Sea Trout on them

Wow, some great ties in this page! Here's a couple I just finished up. A #2 and a #6.

post-59266-0-27723700-1524718957_thumb.jpg