Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SilverCreek

Need a Laugh?

Wrong Mike, they were recycling so they could raise your taxes to pay for the recycling. Now that the taxes have been raised recycling is no longer needed. Sorry for the cynicism but I have very little faith in our leaders. I hope that this not too political.

Les

I don't think it is ... nobody likes taxes. The reasons for not liking them vary, but I believe the dislike is universal.

But here in Florida, we don't have State or Local taxes. Property taxes pay for garbage (and I thought, recycling). But, obviously at some point, they WERE making extra money by selling the recyclable material.

The good news is: I no longer have to separate the recyclable material ... it all goes in the trash can now. That's another good thing about not having kids ... I don't have to worry what happens to the World after Wife and I are gone.

My buddy owns a pizza shop. He rented two dumpsters from the trash company. One for trash and the other for recyclables. He then learns that for the last two years the recyclables were just being dumped at the same place as the trash. When he asked what's going on they told him recycling costs the company money so they stopped yet they continued to collect double dumpster fees from him.