Fly Tying

This fly is a new one I created. Its a fly that has worked well for me the last few trips. Its got a large head, and holds its shape well. The movement is great, and is the perfect sculpin imitation. It is heavily weighted and will sink to the bottom with ease.

This is awesome for fishing large predator trout in streams or lakes, and also will work great for other species like bass and even pike. With different colors it could even mimic a mullet for fishing Redfish and Seatrout on the gulf.

Hook: Daiichi 2220 - Size 4
Thread: Danville Big Fly Thread - Black
Tail: Olive Zonker Strip
Body: Kracken Dubbing - GT Olive
Flash: Holographic Flashabou - Black
Legs: Rubber Legs - Olive with black stripes
Weight: Brass Dumbbell Eyes - 6mm - Nickel
Bottom of the head: Bull Frog Dubbing: Golden Olive and Starburst Dubbing: Yellow
Top of the head: Bull Frog Dubbing: Olive and Starburst Dubbing: Olive
Resin: Solarez "Bone Dry" UV Curing Resin

Its a fly that has worked well for me the last few trips.

Gotta ask ... do you have pictures of the fish you caught, with that fly, on those trips?

Its a fly that has worked well for me the last few trips.

Gotta ask ... do you have pictures of the fish you caught, with that fly, on those trips?

Yes, If you watch my channel, you would see those fish... LOL I actually have them on video, so............ Better than pics.... Im not a liar Mike...

Sorry ... not accusing you ... I just like pictures of fish.

Lol ok, so I don't have pics, but I'll try to take a few off the videos. They won't be high quality...

Here are some...

A 13-14" rainbow but its hard to see the fly, this is the best pic I could get though off the video.
post-58316-0-50753800-1494032279_thumb.png

Here is a good pic of a 16" I got with the fly in his mouth.
post-58316-0-07946600-1494032323_thumb.png

Here is a better pic of that same 16" fish. Just hard to see the fly in its mouth.
post-58316-0-31791000-1494032417_thumb.jpg

You can watch this whole video here...
http://youtu.be/PxNXptdomHY

And I got a brown the other day on it at a lake. It was about 17"...
post-58316-0-27379300-1494032567_thumb.jpg

Any time Mike. Its tough for me to get pics off the video, and thats why I don't do it often. Also, the upload process on this forum is tough as well. How do I get the pics larger? Why do mine always end up so tiny? HAHA

There are so many different video editing programs, and photo editing programs, that I can't answer your question.

I use Windows Movie Maker to edit videos, and it allows "snapshots" to be taken at any point in the video. Probably much like every other editing program out there.

Then I use Windows Photo to edit, and MSPaint to resize.

But I will say, capturing snapshots off the video does not produce as good a photo as camera shots do.

No your right, its no where close to as good of video. I use I-movie which allows for this. However, I only have so much storage on my computer, so after editing and uploading to youtube, I dump off the footage to an external hard drive, then delete it from my computer so I can make another video. LOL I do 3 videos a week right now, so that happens quickly. By the time I post anything on here, those video's would require (like this time) me to get my hard drive, remove the video I'm currently working on, dump the footage back onto my computer, then take it from there. Takes a good half hour to hour to do. Especially since I usually film at 1080p and have lots of footage. Most of the time I end up with 40gb-80gb of video files to transfer.

i like it. i think i commented about using the dungeons materials in the last video i commented on here of yours a few weeks ago. i love that you have several original designs using his materials. its nice to see what others create with his stuff. and i'm pretty sure i subscribed but i'll double check that. i use the same things to brush out the kraken dubbing after spinning it in a loop, a needle and an old toothbrush. and i like the mix for the head. looks soft and flowy, if thats a word, just like wool. i've never used wool or tied a sculpin but to me it looks like it. which i'm pretty sure i've seen it used as a head material for sculpins