Fly Tying
flytire

June Flies from the Vise

Barto Minnow variants

sFkypRR.jpg

Do you use a brush for the heads?

Yes I do.

It make for a quicker, cleaner tie. I use Pantone pens to apply shading as needed.

You guys all do such cool stuff.

I'm working on hackle stackers. size 22, kind BWO/adams-y. olive dun 8/0 Uni thread, CDL tail, Whiting grizzly hackle, BWO superfine body and thorax.

20170615_073632_zps6ryums4n.jpg

Al's Diver......for the upcoming Bass season which opens here in Ontario on June 24.

I've had this pattern in my filing system for about 7 years and finally now have the time to both tie it and also fish it.

Tied on a Mustad 37160 size 1/0 as per the pattern material list.

We'll soon see how it works!

Al's Diver......for the upcoming Bass season which opens here in Ontario on June 24.

I've had this pattern in my filing system for about 7 years and finally now have the time to both tie it and also fish it.

Tied on a Mustad 37160 size 1/0 as per the pattern material list.

We'll soon see how it works!

Dave you will do well with this pattern. I have been using it for a long time always catch fish. Don't be afraid to play with colors and different tail materials. Nice job on the fly!

Cream, what are you using for the tails on those Murdoch minnows? Looks sort of like Finn raccoon from the pic

Cream, what are you using for the tails on those Murdoch minnows? Looks sort of like Finn raccoon from the pic

From the bottom-up: white bucktail, pearl Ripple Ice Fiber, smolt blue Ripple Ice Fiber, with cheeks of light pink Laser Dub.

SHOP%20VAC%20RUSTY%20BROWN_zpsjkuddunu.j

SHOP VAC (Rusty Brown) – Rowan Nyman/Variant – Daiichi 1130, #16 – #20…
FIREHOLE%20FLOSS%20NECTOPSYCHE%20GRP%20%
FIREHOLE FLOSS NECTOPSYCHE(s)…#16’s…
PT/TB

Hey there Wetsock. Thanks for the kind remarks.

When I first saw that pattern posted on another site by originator Al Campbell, I was inspired to someday tie it. At the time, I was still working a full time job plus running my rod business which left me very little tying time, so I put it into my filing system for future days.

Fast forward to retirement time and now I have all kinds of time to both tie and fish those flies that have been archived for many years.

I love the deer hair work and somehow felt the fly would be productive just looking at it.

I'm going to test this one of 4 out soon and then mix and match colours to see what the fish prefer.

My 9wt Sage should toss it well into the cover where the big girls hide.cool.png

Flytire your streamer patterns are amazing!

IMO, they are always very well tied and with extremely neat workmanship I must say.

I am a neat freek with everything I do, so I visit this site daily just to see what is new and each day I am impressed with the many folks here that have such wonderful work.

No wonder it inspires new tiers to be creative.