Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DrLogik

Let's see your fly tying travel kits!

I don't take the 4/0 through 7/0 with me. Those are only needed for Florida Bluegills.

Everywhere else in the Country, I just take 4 through 10 sizes.

tongue.png

regal travel vice, and an oversized plastic bag from hareline with whatever materials I need to tie on my lunch break for the day just thrown in the bag. LOL

Okay ... finally remembered to take pictures of my travelling set up.

travel kit 007.JPG

I am very interested in this topic, as I am at this very moment looking for a good design for a travel case that I can build in my recently upgraded wood shop. Dr. Logik, planettrout, and cphubert, thanks for sharing photos of your wooden boxes. If you guys (or anyone else who's owned or used a wooden box) has any design ideas that you think would be an improvement, I'd love to hear them. (I did note the comment from one of you that 3/4 ply for the sides makes the box heavy; I think I would go 1/2" ply for the main box and 1/4" ply for the dividers.)

​I currently carry everything --vise, tools and materials-- in an inexpensive tying bag that I got from Cabelas. It's okay, but I'd like more space. I also like making useful things myself. :) I also like the idea of being able to clamp the vise directly to the case during use.

post-36073-0-46094700-1513960767_thumb.jpg