Fly Tying
Kimo

January Flies from the Vise

sounds like you need to run some static guard stuff along your calf body ( dryer sheet)

assuming you meant me sandflyx, thanks. I'll give that a shot.

For calf tail I do a real good cleaning of under fur then fine tooth comb entire clump from bottom to tips from 4 angles to ensure it doesn't tangle up in stacked. That alone works great for me. Static build up happens in excessive heat areas so maybe cool the tail a bit before cutting your clump.

For calf tail I do a real good cleaning of under fur then fine tooth comb entire clump from bottom to tips from 4 angles to ensure it doesn't tangle up in stacked. That alone works great for me. Static build up happens in excessive heat areas so maybe cool the tail a bit before cutting your clump.

Thank you sir. I'll give that a try.

Well, I just had a very enjoyable evening tying flies with PowerShooter (Bo). He visited me it my hotel. After a quick bite at the best Arbys in the world ... we sat down to tie some welded flies.

Bo walked me through one, and then we tied up another.

Mine are on the left, his are on the right.

Richmond Flies 2018 010.JPG

Then I showed him how I tie my Panfish Attractor. Y'all know what they look like, so I didn't take any pictures before he took them both with him. I hope he catches the largest Bluegill of his life on one !!!

Me to Mike . Going to fish your pattern as much as possible this year . Can't wait for warmer weather .

Absolutely , nice tie . I believe we will both be catching many fish this year .

January flies are just as good as December's . Excellent job everyone .

The H&L project is proceeding apace.
Thanks to sandflyx and Tom Cummings for their advice. I ran an unscented dryer sheet through the barrel and into the receptacle of the stacker. No more static cling. Also used a bigger clump which I combed thorougly.

post-61480-0-56339900-1517098796_thumb.jpg

post-61480-0-43923800-1517098816_thumb.jpg