Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
xvigauge

Royal Coachman

I think it was vicrider that tied up a royal coachman streamer for a swap a while back

I think I'll tackle a streamer next. I'll search for this and see if I can copy it.

I thought the royal wulff incorporated moose hair as tail material and calf tail as wing material.

Yes

I too have seen Royal wulffs ties with moose body hair tails as well as deer hair for the tail

If Photobucket hasn't caught up with me yet I think this is the version I did for a swap. Debated on classic tail but went with more color instead. Heard it does the trick on brookies but then so do anything. When living up north most of my brookie breakfasts and dinners were caught with coachman or Mickey Finn streamers.

Nope, PB has it all screwed up now. Click on thumbnail it goes to PB, flashes full size, then kills it. Have to figure out how to get it in my photo file without the PB link. ANd now it is doing something different. I'll have to figure out this BS the PB has put us through.

DSC01327_zpswq7jiq1s.jpg

I've posted this before, but it's been a while. Here's a TMC 518 size 32 royal humpy that I tied before I got old and my vision was much better.

Regards,

Mark

post-12032-0-46046000-1516545670_thumb.jpg

Mark, I looked at your picture and just thought, nice, it'll fish fine. Then I read your post and realized that is a size 32. I've tied some of those but never that quality or amount of material. Just a tail, dubbed body, hackle collar.

20RC.jpg