Fly Tying
retrocarp

March Flies From The Vise

Mike

Tie the chennile on back of hook wrap twice or so cinch down and place the strip of foam, cinch the foam. Tip lil glue here so stops body rolling so you don't cut the foam with thread to secure. Move thread ahead wrap couple more chennile and lay the foam over and cinch. The random foam sticking out the front. Tie in the feather barbs and bend the foam back over shaping a lil head and cinch at the same place where the chennile stopped/cinched. Trim foam off the back above the feathers. Slide some legs up the off side under the thread and tie couple in your side kinda downward a little. Whip finish around the head and after tweeking the legs lil glue with bodkin over the thread. You can see I used gray thread.

I use Krazyglue from brush bottle placed dropwise with lil on bodkin, dries almost instantly, $2.50 at Dollar store. Gotta scratch glue build up off bodkin frequently but brush puts too much and the stuff runs like water into mat'l, feathers.

IMG_3043.png

Nicely done! I'm looking through my travel bag right now, to see if I brought all that with me.

If not, I'll be doing some soon as I get home!

Thank you

A mountain stream rainbow, to be served to a Florida saltwater fish in freshwater.

post-59266-0-87597500-1520478050_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-18013700-1520478075_thumb.jpg

A mountain stream rainbow, to be served to a Florida saltwater fish in freshwater.

That's a great looking streamer mate

Denduke, awesome frogs and hoppers.

As mentioned some Morgan's midges tied parachute/klink style. The dozen from last night's Bourbon and Bugs

post-61480-0-93040200-1520518205_thumb.jpg

post-61480-0-81655000-1520518256_thumb.jpg

In awe as always Kimo... Are those hackles on a loop or do you do something to secure the end on a post and cut it off? Can you see them on the water? (not essential, just curious)

In awe as always Kimo... Are those hackles on a loop or do you do something to secure the end on a post and cut it off? Can you see them on the water? (not essential, just curious)

Thanks! It is a technique from Roy Christie where the hackle is wrapped around a loop of mono, pulled thru the loop and then the mono loop is tightened.

Kimo

thanks for sharing the magic, and thanks to Roy Christie for a great video he put out.

Another first for me. I've wanted to tie some of these for a while now, just never had the time. Certainly fun to make and as time consuming as you want to make it, but something different from what I normally tie. It will be fun to see how the fish react once our seasons open.

Hard foam poppers on TMC 8089 size 2 .

post-20027-0-82988200-1520542688_thumb.jpg

post-20027-0-72675600-1520542733_thumb.jpg

post-20027-0-21464500-1520542783_thumb.jpg