Fly Tying
McFlyLures

Furled worm

Here is my 2 cents about that subject. It is a good idea to try and spell correctly. Obviously its an important part of society (communication) and it needs to be done correctly. So I respect those who naturally are good at languages and grammar, or those who study hard to learn it. Good on you! Im a little jealous actually. However the fact that people get mad, irritated or rude when someone misspells is about as silly as someone getting mad because not everyone can do geometry or algebra, or even calculus perfectly. Im not even saying can do it at all, its like getting mad at someone if they ever make a mistake on any math equation ever. Ok well most people who are grammar nazis are usually sucky at math so let me find another analogy. Its like being mad if someone cant paint a recreation of the Sistine chapel perfectly without flaw. Because there are so many words out there, there is no way anyone can know exactly how to spell every word, especially from the english language riddled with silent letters, and times when a letter is fully changed to sound like another. Also, not just the fact that it is impossible to fully know how to spell every possible word in the English language, we now type on phones and computers and sometimes our fingers hit the wrong letter, or autocorrect messes up. Thats another reason people misspell these days. So again its impossible to fully spell everything perfectly. So in reality, both sides have their point, but it is a bit boastful and high brow to get mad at someone for misspelling.

However I didnt take mikes post that he was frustrated at all, that is until he said he has his frustrations, meaning spelling errors...

One should do his best, eh? Don't most browsers have spell check now?

I don't get angry over grammar or spelling but it sure can be hard to read some internet posts. It is of particular concern if the spelling error is in the title, because in future searches it won't show up and such a lost thread could have great info in it.

One should do his best, eh? Don't most browsers have spell check now?

I don't get angry over grammar or spelling but it sure can be hard to read some internet posts. It is of particular concern if the spelling error is in the title, because in future searches it won't show up and such a lost thread could have great info in it.

Im the title is furled worm.... isnt that the correct way to spell it?

1) I changed your title. I figured you'd made the mistake.

2) I DON'T expect anyone to know how to spell all words. Even I have to check myself when I type words like "necessary." But I DO check myself.

3) I am not "mad". I am not even upset. Seeing SIMPLE words spelled incorrectly is like a "tickle" in my throat. It's just an irritant ... not an injury.

4) Furled ... furelled ... I mean, come on. We're not talking about some rarely used 14 letter word. It's been written correctly on this thread and others since I became a member. It's nothing new. Furled is a word. Furelled isn't.

5) I write curriculum and student books for my classes. So, I see the errors more easily than most, perhaps.

1) I changed your title. I figured you'd made the mistake.

2) I DON'T expect anyone to know how to spell all words. Even I have to check myself when I type words like "necessary." But I DO check myself.

3) I am not "mad". I am not even upset. Seeing SIMPLE words spelled incorrectly is like a "tickle" in my throat. It's just an irritant ... not an injury.

4) Furled ... furelled ... I mean, come on. We're not talking about some rarely used 14 letter word. It's been written correctly on this thread and others since I became a member. It's nothing new. Furled is a word. Furelled isn't.

5) I write curriculum and student books for my classes. So, I see the errors more easily than most, perhaps.

Furled is not a word Ive ever used until this. Sorry for being dumb... like I said, spelling and grammar are not my strongpoints. The beauty of the human race is that everyone is different. You are good at languages, I am good at math. Sorry I could not spell such a basic word in your opinion.

Thanks for changing the title.

Furled gets used a lot in respect to leaders on this and other forums, this is the first time I recall seeing used in respect to tying a fly and I'm not enthusiastic about either usage, to me the word infers rolling and bundling together as in furled sails. The leaders are sorta folded and looped and to me the worm is twisted, but word usage changes all the time, I'll try adjust.

Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn makes a fair worm, either in single strand or twisted and folded back on itself. (furled?) Ozark guys call it a mega worm. The thing is those get tail grabbed more often than not.