Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Swampfoxforeman

Fly net

Hey Darrell,

Grabbing the net loop opposite the handle, a full twist folds the whole loop into three ... like a key chain ring. A simple tuck of the netting into the center of those loops and it slides right into the holster. It's actually stable enough that when you pull the net out of the holster, you have to flick it a little to get it to open.

Since I wear a tackle belt, it fits right onto that. I understand some people don't have a belt to hang it on ... won't work for them, I guess.

The belt carry was absolutely the only reason I don't have one, the thing worked very well and is as light as any net I've handled.

For wading the little blue lines I have a very old bent wood net that I replaced the old course cotton netting with a Tenkara fine mesh. Traditional yet trout friendly. In my kayak I keep a 20" Surehold.

jR69Sil.jpg

ED832CX.jpg

qDbemH.jpg

Everyone that replied is wrong. You need a net like above that I have. It's only $200 so just get one!

Lol all kidding aside. That net did cost $200. Was custom made for me by a custom wood worker. net builder. One of my best friends had it made for me ;) It does not catch more fish, but it sure is pruddy! ;)

Either one of those will work for me, they both look the part and I like wood.

I like wood also. Any specific brands I should look at? Im not wanting to spend a arm n leg for a net. I just wanting a wood frame with rubber basket. Something I can use for native brookies to rainbows n browns here in NC.

For yeas/decades I used the elastic cord that came with the net snapped to the ring at the neck of the vest I had, the cord had enough stretch to scoop a fish when wading and still spring up out of the way when released, Eventually that wore out and currently it has a 6" piece of Bonnie Braid tied to the cheap magnet thing from Walmart

$_3.JPG?set_id=2

looks like this ~$8 it came with a coil retracter cord that I thrashed.

I use a magnet similar to tjms and I single out the flex cord (recrmp the loop to the net eye) so if the magnet inadvertently breaks loose the net is still attached by the lastic that I run under left arm and clipped to front pocket of vest. It has to be singled out for reach. Doubled is too short. Cant find the pic of the setup. This keeps the net magneted near top of back almost to the neck out of the way off the vest loop. Just reach back and pop it loose and amazingly the magnet will catch it back pretty easy to replace it when you get the handle near the other magnet Never noticed/bothered by water dripping from it.

DCF3-D37-C-6448-41-A0-A5-B2-117-C57531-E

Dang been packed, wrinkled.

43-AE8-D6-C-8-DFF-4-C2-C-B862-4238-F01-C

Got a 6 aluminum with rubber bag for the blow up boat. Its round if you can make it out. Catch and release.

IMG-1120.png

Elastic clipped under the arm is something I will have to try, although I'm seldom wading when I use the net these days. Good picture of your arrangement.