Fly Tying
DarrellP

Thanks to swap meisters

I agree thanks to all who host!! 

I started hosting swaps here on FTF back in ‘04. I hosted around a dozen or so, it was crazy back then I’d fill a swap up in a few hours. Some were huge I hosted 1 that had 20 and another with 25 tyers. Then life got busy and I dropped off due to raising my family and trying to further my career. I’ve just been getting back into it and have been in all of BB “well stocked fly box” swaps so far. Thanks BB for hosting. I just wrapped up my first hosted swap in years (your favorite fly) it was nice to host again I’ve always enjoyed the swaps here. I just posted another round of the your favorite series, terrestrials and I’m not sure it will fill. I have noticed a lot less people are swapping any thoughts as to why? 
Either way I’ll continue to join and host swaps as long as there is interest. 

Pickin’ 

Yes, a big thanks to those who take the time to host. 

16 hours ago, pickin6ofem said:

I agree thanks to all who host!! 

I have noticed a lot less people are swapping any thoughts as to why? 

Pickin’ 

I can't speak to other's reasons, or to long term, but this time of year for me, tying time goes down as fishing time goes up. That said, I do enjoy the swaps and I'm on the fence with your terrestrial swap, trying to come up with a pattern I'm comfortable tying for others and can complete in the time frame given. 

12 hours ago, niveker said:

Yes, a big thanks to those who take the time to host. 

I can't speak to other's reasons, or to long term, but this time of year for me, tying time goes down as fishing time goes up. That said, I do enjoy the swaps and I'm on the fence with your terrestrial swap, trying to come up with a pattern I'm comfortable tying for others and can complete in the time frame given. 

Yea I do understand this is the fishing season, I figured I'd keep swappin and hostin to keep well stocked. I do feel as if years ago we had a lot more active swappers but who knows.

As far as the terrestrial due date I'm happy to push back to June 14th if that would give you the time needed and get off the fence :)

Pickin'

12 hours ago, pickin6ofem said:

As far as the terrestrial due date I'm happy to push back to June 14th if that would give you the time needed and get off the fence :)

Pickin'

Thank you, Pickin', I appreciate the offer, but I'm going to have to sit this one out.  It looks like your swap is filling up, so that's good.  But I do look forward to contributing to one of your future 'favorite' swaps.  

I also would like the thank all the swapmeisters. I know it’s a very hard job as I’ve done a couple, sorting, getting all the flies and then posting them all back.

Thanks so much for giving means others something to do and learn!!!!!!

Thanks DaryllP, i have hosted some on here and all have been enjoyable; I havent hosted lately due to heavier work load and kids getting older but plan to get back to it again soon. I may host another Fly Tyer swap where everyone ties a pattern from Fly Tyer magazine or maybe another Saltwater swap.