Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Palurdarium project

It actually really is. While downtown Royal Oak has changed into the hipster doofus mecca of Michigan, Frentz & Sons hardware store has not changed much since they opened in 1932. They still even sell the rubber band balsa airplanes my Dad use to always buy me when I would go with him to the hardware 40 yrs ago. Probably the only time I ever venture downtown now is to go the Frentz. Other than that I avoid downtown RO like the plague.

RKW2wE.jpg

Well after working all day on rods I quit this evening and rather than relax....worked on the paludarium tank lol. While it is work I do find it somewhat relaxing. Got the top and bottom trim removed so it will be rimless, removed the front glass and replaced it with a piece of glass I had cut down to 8". Scraped out all the old silicone and cleaned it all up and just resealed the tank so just curing up now. Slowly but surely.

Lower, left hand corner ... are those holes through the bottom of the tank?

I know it's only an optical illusion, but at first glance, that gallon jug appears to be sitting beside the tank, not below and behind. Makes the tank look huge.

Yep this tank is drilled. I'll put bulkheads in those holes and then I can plumb my canister filter into the bottom of the tank. That eliminates the need to run the filter hoses up over the top of the tank for a much cleaner look.

That's all very cool, now get back to work on my rods. And remember no blue. Of course I'm kidding except about the blue, I'm dead serious about the blue. Great looking project, I bet it will be amazing.

I kind of understand the "no blue" thing, Steve. Mark lives up there in Alaska ... where the blue sky, glaring off and giving a blue tint to the blueish white snow, with blue lipped people standing around trying to get warm .... Even for me, that might be too much of a good thing!

I taunt him because he is quite tauntable, a lot of fun to taunt and he is a capable taunter his own self. And besides that, I am stuck here at the shop and have nothing better to do, and he called me a slacker in another thread.

PS, it's true, all that stuff he said about all the blueness around here.

and he called me a slacker in another thread.

It's been what, 35 years? and yet still to this day I can not hear someone say slacker without this popping into my head laugh.png

UcTzzk.jpg

The Rock and Bieber? uhg, you make my head hurt.... That's from "Back to the future". That's Marty Mcfly (Michael J Fox) and the school principal "Mr Strickland".