Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TIER

thread for chatting

This is a thread for chatting. This Coronavirus things makes life boring. People can't get together. But they can use the internet on the weekends (on weekdays kids are all on the internet doing online classes.) 

Welcome back tier, probably do not need to say your school is First priority, this site is doing fine in doing what we do best.... tye flys and build lures.... so comment or ask away...  no spelling tests though

I miss my early days online, with chat room conversations that would last for hours.  However, I wasted MANY hours chatting online.

So, on the other hand, I'm glad I got out of that habit.  I don't do texting on my phone for the same reason.  No "tweets" to follow, or any other social media constant barrage of "I'm eating (blah, blah, blah) now."

This whole site is for chatting. Us older folks don't spend much time chatting unless we have something to say. You probably have the distinction of being the youngest guy here. What would you like to chat about James.

36 minutes ago, TIER said:

Anyone been to AZ? 

Yes, I go there for the Tucson Gem and Mineral show. I'm sorry to say that I have not been there for fishing. It's a beautiful state. We stay in Sierra Vista, it's quite charming there with Gambles quail bebopping around and roadrunners zipping around.

Around 25 years ago, in my roving days, I spent about 2 months in Tuscon, working until I had enough money to keep moving.  I wasn't real impressed with the city, but i rather enjoyed the desert/countryside, hiking, camping, the old Indian ruins and such.  It was quite the change from the New England climate where I grew up.  I did some primitive camping on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon a few times.  I would go back there for that, if I could. 

I visited the gem show in Quartsite, AZ at the time.  

Been to Phoenix, Ft. Huachuca and Yuma.  Spent several months in Yuma.  I've also been to the Grand Canyon and Lake Mead/Hoover Dam.