Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
The Mad Duck

Hot Day Of Fishing

Place: Local "secret" pond
Social Distancing: Yes, Didnt see anyone!
Temps Mid 70's
Windy: Hell yes

Hit a very local private pond to kill some cabin fever. The fish were HUNGRY yesterday. In about 2.5 hours of fishing yesterday, I caught 40-50 Bream and 6 Bass, most, on the 3wt flyrod. Tons of fun. One of the ponds is more or ls protected from the wind,so most of the fish were caught there. I was using a green Gurgler on top and a #16 olive sparkly fly for a dropper, or, a small B&W foam spider. On two occasions, I caught fish on the Gurgler as well as the dropper,at the same time. Once was a large and small Bream, the second was a small and medium Bass. Once the wind really picked up, I switched over to a spinning rod with a white/green Buzzbait. I caught 3-4 bass on that. It was a nice day and I was glad to get out of the house and breathe some freshly pollinated air.

IMG-3497.jpg

IMG-3509.jpg

IMG-3511.jpg

IMG-3512.jpg

IMG-3514.jpg

Nice job. Looks like you had a great time. I have just one question. Why are you so mad, Duck?😀

Nice fish.

31 minutes ago, Mark Knapp said:

Nice job. Looks like you had a great time. I have just one question. Why are you so mad, Duck?😀

Nice fish.

Mark, That is a looooong story. I got hung with than name in the early 80's while I was a roadie.That's all I can say. I don't think the statute of limitations is up for those days.

2 hours ago, The Mad Duck said:

Mark, That is a looooong story. I got hung with than name in the early 80's while I was a roadie.That's all I can say. I don't think the statute of limitations is up for those days.

To bad you didn't have a Face Book Page back then. I could check that.

Glad you made it back from the dark side. I know a couple of past roadies, for the Rolling Stones and a couple of other groups. They got stories too, wild times.

In the 80's, I moved to Alaska to be a big game guide, commercial fisherman and professional trapper. Got the nick name Mountain Man Mark. Those were good times for me. I got some memories that I cherish, livin' on the edge, but not, apparently, like you. Mums the word.

Nice fish, thanks for showing them to us.

That part of my life was FUN, but, you grow up and out of most stupidity. I worked for several bands that were pretty well know, but a good many of the bands I worked for were bar busters. Stories? Oh yea, I have stories, some that  even Clorox wont erase from my brain.

The name came from a long week, a late night load out that had to be completed so I could go duck hunting, and a guy named Nigel, but legally, I cant reveal any more. 😎

Nice Duck! I got out for another day of trout fishing. Caught a rainbow and a brown before the forecasted wind storm arrived by knocking a tree over on the very first gust. That was time to go.