Fly Tying
Herzarz

Deer hair bass bugs

I'm not opening it!   I'm recommending no one else does either, until I get more info.  

Herzarz ... MAYBE welcome to the site !?!?  Please PM me, or fill in MUCH more information.  Look for my E-mail.

Searching for a good deer hair bass bug pattern for the Southeastern USA. Have tied trout dry flies for years but I am just getting into bass and panfish.

Welcome to the site.  How far ...

5 hours ago, Herzarz said:

Southeastern USA

Central Florida here.  If you're insistent on Deer Hair, I recommend the Dahlberg Diver type.  It's the only deer hair bug I can tie easily, so I'm not a good reference.  😉

I do like the action they have and I have caught fish on them.  I just don't do much with deer hair anymore.

I fish dahlberg diver type flys pretty regularly and do fairly well on them. If you feel up to it I have a bass fly swap going and there's a floating fly spot available, you could do something basic like a foam gurgler.

There are some great deer hair guys n this board.   Most of us couldn’t hold a candle to them. Do a search I found one....Rats the particular post didn’t show      Stmflies   So I screen shot it 

11E36AA2-6354-432F-BD9F-D00241FE3DC0.png

Divers and poppers are fun but usually not as productive as a baitfish pattern.

i like big muddler variants like this.

C21-FAEA8-4-D6-F-4-CAF-8-DFC-FBD1789190-

47-C88347-F3-E0-456-B-B004-C187-CA99517-

So what is that PDF in the first post?  Is it safe (or worth) opening.  Certainly looked like an invitation to disaster.