Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
troutmaster08

Gatlinburg trout flies

My family may be going to Cosby, Tn in around four weeks for a 4 day vacation. If we do go what flies should I plan on tying up. The area has one large creek and many small streams feeding into it so my first though would be brook trout flies but does anyone have a more precise idea? Thanks.

Little River Outfitters in Townsend is a shop Joe @xvigauge pointed me to when I took a road trip through there last summer. It's a very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable shop. Huge, and all fly fishing. An entire floor of tying materials. Pretty impressive. I'd give them a call, if you haven't already. Their website is also useful. There's a good access point to the gsmnp at Townsend, too, which is about an hour west of Cosby, if you end up needing supplies.

https://littleriveroutfitters.com/

hi try the following flies  wet flies  cock y bundu spider, peacock and black, greenwells glory   Nymphs  frank saywer   peasamt tail, killer bug,scandinavin  nymph    hares ear nymph in size 16 - 18 hooks   adams dry   la fontains caddis emerger and deep sparkle pupae caddis   CDC F FLIES (surface film emergers) black buzzer pupae, dries tent wing caddis, spent wing spinners, check out the local fly shop in the area online for best flies time of day small minnow lures hope this help's

kind regards Steve 😎

Just got back from that area a week ago.Fished the Little River inside the park.Stop in at Little River Outfitters as Chugbug said.The shop is at the south entrance of the Great Smokey Mt. National Park.Most fish I caught were on Golden Stonefly nymphs,Yellow Humpies.Ausable Wulffs.Joe at Little River Outfitters also told me to have some Green Weenies,didn't try those though.Also got a few on Prince Nymphs.We mostly caught small wild rainbows,a few wild browns,and farther up river some native brookies.The park water is is where you need to go.Some of the most beautiful water you will ever fish.