Fly Tying
mozes

Let it rain.

It is currently raining here in PA and it is suppose to rain until tomorrow afternoon. This is great news as far as I'm concerned. This Saturday is NJ trout opener. I hope all this high water from today and past rain storm will give a chance for stocked trout to spread out and survive Opening Day carnage. It is suppose to be in the mid 40's over the weekend this should also deter some of the fair weather anglers. This would provide much better angling for the rest of the year devil.gif . Am I being selfish thinking this way?

I don't mind Opening Day myself, I spend most of my time on sections of streams that are open year round. People usually thin out a bit after Opening Day so thats a good thing.

I would'nt say totally selfish.......okay maybe yah, but "survival of the fittest" prevails.

Best of luck!! I've had some of my best fishing days in the cold and rain when the jamtarts were at home whinig cause it was too cold. hysterical.gif

QUOTE (SmallieKiller @ Apr 8 2005, 10:28 AM)
I usually skip opening day. I go out the monday after, let all the once a year people go back to work and I'll catch all the stockies they spooked up!

headbang.gif headbang.gif

Opening day of trout is the one day i advoid at all cost, too many idiots out there. I let em fight with each other and go out on monday when they go back to work.

I usually wont miss an opening day for trout, but I think this year while everyone is crowded on the upper part of the au sable, I'm gonna be on the lower end catching steelies with some elbow room yahoo.gif