Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
McFlyLures

Took the kid

So, my parents are out visiting in their RV and the RV park has a lake stocked with trout. I went out to fish, and took my 3 year old with me. Hooked into a monster rainbow. This thing was far, and over 20". Fun fight, stripped line, just absolutely amazing. So as I go to net the fish, my 3 year old ran directly into the water after the fish. This is a deep pond, and it was really cold (snow runnoff) water. He can't swim. I had to throw my rod down, and jump in myself after my kid. Of course then I made sure my rod didn't take off with this monster trout. But by the time I got to my rod, the fish had gotten off. :( I didn't get a pic, and had to quit fishing instantly and take my kid in and put cloths on him. Just my luck, a really nice fish, and it figures something like this would have happened... I totally had that fish on solid also. Would have netted it and been able to get a pic... lol

Now THAT'S a fish story not soon to be forgotten...by you anyway. Three years old and already so excited about fishing and a fish he going in after it. Love it!

Thanks for sharing.

That's all typical McFly stuff ! We've come to expect these kinds of stories. Sounds like the kid takes right after the old man, what was Gramps doing ? Never mind , don't answer I'm already laughing too hard now ( with you).

That's all typical McFly stuff ! We've come to expect these kinds of stories. Sounds like the kid takes right after the old man, what was Gramps doing ? Never mind , don't answer I'm already laughing too hard now.

Grandma was standing there, grandpa was getting work done in his rv...

Yes, my clumbsyness rubbed off on my kid. Haha but also did the love of fishing. We just got him a fish tank after he has been begging for months. He loves fish! Haha. So much so, he tried to bear hug one while still in the water. He ran in saying "have it" which means in 3yr old talk, pet it...

It's all good McFly, enjoy him while he's young it doesn't last very long . In fact enjoy each stage, because they fly by never to return !

Ok, what is a more interesting and memorable story? I caught a trout, or I hooked a trout and my 3 year old son dove into the water to help land it but it got off? Easy call I'd say.

Ok, what is a more interesting and memorable story? I caught a trout, or I hooked a trout and my 3 year old son dove into the water to help land it but it got off? Easy call I'd say.

Yes, I still wish I got a pic of this thing, it was good size.