Fly Tying
vicrider

The Red, White and Blue of July Monthly Swap

Okay, this month is wide open for whatever you feel like tying. If you can tie a size 32 red, white and blue midge have at it. Actually, we don't need all the colors of the flag in here but if you can do it and still have a fishable fly great. If you can do it and have a fly that's better displayed than fished, that's great too. If you can't get all the colors in then try to get some nice bright flies in for the celebration of the 4th. No live firecrackers will be allowed with feathers attached or not.

Vicrider..............ready

1. Add147.............received

2. Joseph Russell..received

3. Jolly Red............received

4. J-Kno.................received

5. Crackleback.......received

6. Michael Ray.......received

7 .Breambuster......received

8. djtrout.................received

9. Bassbugn..........received

10. border collies...received

11. kennebec12.....received

12. Bambudday.....

Got my red, white and blue in on this one but couldn't figure out how to do the stars. Should oughta be good for a bluegill or hanging in the corner of the bench for color.

DSC01106.JPG

Went ahead and tied #6 red, white and blue popper. I was curious to see if it would catch fish before I tied it. Caught some nice sunfish and some small bass. Should be able to mail the bunch tomorrow.

Red and blue abdomen didn't look right to me, so I made the abdomen red and green, with a blue thoarx and white legs. Mailed them off this morning.

Your poppers are very nice. Got a couple of good sets in already and maybe get them out a little earlier than the June flies if everybody's on the ball.

On the poppers, did you find that color or did you color them?

I'll be putting mine in the mail tomorrow! I hope they will suit everyone's needs.

In the small selection we have so far the color combos are working out nicely. Very cool and very fishable flies. I like this swap idea but maybe should make it the June swap next year so we have the flies to fish on the 4th of July.

Nice flies in from MichaelRay and J-Kno. Both went small with a cool Chromonid from J-Kno and an even smaller nymph from MRay. The colors are there in miniature and will be catching trout this fall for some lucky individuals.