Fly Tying
Troutbum11

Perch Streamer

Tied up this new streamer that I thought would be killer for bass at a local lake I fish. The lake has a ton of perch so I colored it accordingly. Its made of congo hair from FTD. Pretty pleased with the results and as you can see the bass like it too.

Any comments about how to improve the fly would be great. it passed the fish test so now I would like to see what the fisherman have to say.

Thanks!

(photos attached)

post-50481-0-43710900-1405564181_thumb.jpg

post-50481-0-36912900-1405564258_thumb.jpg

I am interested in what size and model hook you used to tie this with? I would think Bass would like this pattern very much.

Improve it?!?!?! The only way to improve what you've got is to stock up on them! You know the saying; if it ain't broke, then don't fix it! If it catches fish and does what you want, then leave it be! Tie up some more and go catch some fish!

Agreeing with Fisherboy ... do 'em up in different sizes, maybe ... color some like bluegill, maybe ... but the pattern looks great as is.

Awesome tie and nice pics! I have to say you're a braver man than I to lay a nice rod and reel next to a potentially flopping fish on a partially submerged log just to get a picture, but it is a cool shot. Nice job all around.

^^^agree^^^

^^^agree^^^

^^^agree^^^

^^^agree^^^

(and just to be safe) ^^^agree^^^

i'm putting an order together for FTD at this time. great materials, at an awesome price.

Good looking fly. I just tied something similar for my Canadian trip using Senyo Lazer Dubbing. The lake is loaded with small perch. The fact that you don't catch many big ones speaks for their popularity with the smallies, walleye and pike that live in the lake. I'll let you know how I make out with mine.

I have been tying a few similar. I have yet to fish them but mine are to resemble a bluegill. Yours will do a reasonable job of that too. Nice fly btw and I have also been using the same hair.