Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
BaltCoWanderer

Fly Skinz Material

Hey all,

I’ve been seeing quite a few flies tied with those precut creature bodies from that Fly Skinz brand.  

I have some ideas for other bodies shapes I would like to cut for myself.  I was wondering if anyone knows what material the Fly Skinz cutouts use, so I could pick some up from the craft shop?  

I know it’s not foam, and it seems to be plain for painting later.  

One of the adds for it says it's made out of nylon.  Not sure I've seen any thing like it in the craft stores, unless it's in the materials(cloth) section.  I'll have to check it out.  I have a few pieces of it in white but I've never used it tying flies.

As a marketing tool, the video was great, but did we need a video to show us how to cut a shape out of a sheet of material with scissors?

3 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

As a marketing tool, the video was great, but did we need a video to show us how to cut a shape out of a sheet of material with scissors?

No but we needed it to show us how to use a stencil. 

1 hour ago, Poopdeck said:

No but we needed it to show us how to use a stencil. 

I think I learned that in first grade when I traced my hand to draw a thanksgiving turkey for my Mom. 😁

4 minutes ago, Mark Knapp said:

I think I learned that in first grade when I traced my hand to draw a thanksgiving turkey for my Mom. 😁 I'm going to try and be just a little less snipey now.