Fly Tying
Patriot

Adhesive For Hopper Wings

@flytire

I watch a lot of Ensiferum's video's and never came across the one you posted.  Amazing!!!!

Ok, pizza's on the way - again - and as I recall you do like anchovy's, right?  :P

You da'man!!!

@niveker

Wow!!  Thanks so much for the link to Jack Gartside's website.  Most interesting, to say the least.

It is duly bookmarked.

I sincerely appreciate your help.

@niveker

I forgot to note that I have completed a test feather coat using spar varnish, but the silicone method that flytire posted looks awful promising.

I will try that as well.  This is getting to be more fun than I would have ever imagined.

I sincerely appreciate your help.

And, for what it's worth, here is a shot of a prototype hopper with wings made from a hula skirt I bought in Hobby Lobby a few years ago.

swiss-straw-wings-sml.jpg.974aaa9bde7f362fe8233b563b401474.jpg

These wings were made from a strip of yellow and green straw embellished with some permanent marker.  Not the best, I know.

hula-skirt-sml.thumb.jpg.644a4551d964608a30c66f7a23b1b628.jpg

And this is the 'hula skirt' made of swiss straw or raffene material.  It is thicker than the 'fly tying swiss straw' variety.  I think I paid $6 for the skirt.  The colors are not 'earthy' at all, but I may still find some use for them.  And to be clear, my wife gave me a 'questioning' look when I came home with this.  

silicone-wings-one-sml.thumb.jpg.1e9d823dfcb818a0d519e2db81831376.jpg

And lastly, here are the two silicone covered test feathers.  I will let them dry overnight and see how they work tomorrow.

I sincerely appreciate everyone's help.